Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Growing in Gratitude

Happy Wednesday Y'all!

Today I'm spending a bit of time in gratitude for a few things in my life at the moment. I'm a little late for the Growing in Gratitude link-up. But hey... After all, is it ever actually too late to be grateful. Nah... :)




I'm thankful for my students. I know I say it a lot, but it's true. So it's worth repeating a lot :) I am so incredibly blessed by this group of kids who call me their teacher. I don't take lightly the blessing of being their teacher. And when earlier in the week, I shared this What We Do Right assignment, it was confirmed... I am definitely thankful for this group of kids who have stolen my heart.




I'm thankful for The Spot, a local restaurant here in my neighborhood. My crew went on a mini field trip the other day to our local grocery store. Then on our way back, we stopped here for lunch (followed by ice cream). We may be small in number, but we make up for that with the volume of our voices and the level of our hyperactivity. But the workers were so kind and patient with us. The waitress seemed so incredibly patient, even though it took us a long time to order our meals. And even when we were super hyper while playing in the little play area, it didn't seem to faze them. Seriously... It was a great experience. One for which I'm quite thankful :)

Image may contain: 4 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people sitting


I'm thankful for pancakes. At the beginning of this school year, I told my kids that we would be "adopting" a class and providing some encouragement and gifts for them throughout the year. Whether that be at holidays or just "for fun," it didn't matter. The point was to look at it as a service project of sorts for them to do. Community service, if you will... Anywho - The other day we had a Pancake Picnic and invited our preschool class for one final act of servitude. It was such a fun time. And I was so proud of my crew for their hard work and generous attitudes/spirits. And if you missed my post about it this morning, you can read it HERE.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, food and indoor



I'm not thankful for just any ol' thing. I'm thankful for the most important "thing." I'm thankful for my Bible. I'm thankful for the gift that is this book. I'm thankful for the truth it contains. I'm thankful for the notes I've taken over the years, reminders of lessons God's taught me and blessings He's given me. I'm thankful for the freedom to own and read this precious book. ...especially since I know not everyone in the world has that freedom. So yes, I'm definitely 100% thankful for my Bible.



I'm thankful for God working everything out for me to take the class I needed to renew my teaching certificate. I really didn't think it was going to happen. But even through my stubborn, lack of faith, God totally showed up and worked out every detail to make it happen. And not just that... He went even further than I could have imagined in this situation. I'm so excited for this class to start today. And I'm just so incredibly, over the top, thankful for God's awesome timing!

Related image


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today I'm joining Julie and Trista for their monthly Growing in Gratitude link-up, helping us to focus more on having an attitude of gratitude.

Adobe Spark-4

No comments:

Post a Comment