Friday, May 4, 2018

Something I Feel Strongly About

Who's happy it's Friday?

We don't have school today, so I'm totally the panda in the picture below :)

Image result for Happy Friday Y'all
Long weekends are my favorite. Who's with me? :)

Today, I'm participating in the #PSLoveMe Challenge and sharing all about a favorite topic of mine. It's the #pslove me Prompt #19, which tells us to share something we feel strongly about.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm a passionate person. 


If I believe in something, I do so with 100% of my being.

So there are a LOT of things I feel strongly about.


But at this point, number 1 involves a part of my teaching responsibilities.


Back in November 2016, I wrote a post, sharing a dream God had placed on my heart. 

A dream of a class for students with literally no other schooling option in our location...

A few months before that post, God had laid a verse on my heart.


Proverbs 31:8 tells us to "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves."

When training to be a Special Education Teacher, you're told over and over again to be an advocate for your students. You have to speak up for the kids in your care. You have to advocate for them to have access to the education they deserve. 

So when I saw a group of students who'd no longer have that access at my school since we didn't have anyone to teach them past elementary school, I felt God leading me to be that person. I felt God telling me to live out Proverbs 31:8.

I'd love to say it was an easy process.

I'd love to say that I've had 100% support.

I'd love to say that my class will be around for many years to come

But while I can't say any of those things, I can say this...

I will continue to advocate for my students.

For the ones I have now...

For the ones I'll have in the future...

For the ones I don't even know about right now...

Because it doesn't matter if I'm still here in Senegal or if I am back in the States, I am a teacher. I am an advocate for my students. I am the voice for the voiceless.

So what do I feel strongly about?

I feel strongly about living out Proverbs 31:8.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Want to play along?

Check out the Prompts below.


Prompts



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm also joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their links to join the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment