Thursday, April 4, 2019

Dear Senegal

Happy Thursday Y'all

The Little Letter Link Up | tazandbelly.com

Today, I am joining Kristin for her monthly Little Letters link-up, where we write "letters," as a way of sharing a bit of our lives at the moment.  

And today, it's all centered around one main topic. 

Image result for senegal!
 


Dear Senegal,

Today, you celebrate Independence Day.

Thank you for providing a home for me all these years.

Thanks for being the country I fell in love with back in July 2009.

Thanks for all the happy memories with friends and co-workers and students, with your generously hospitable countrymen/women, with random shop owners and fruit vendors, and anyone else I meet.

Thanks for having delicious food and beautiful colors all around.

Thanks for being a relatively safe place to live.

Thanks for not being closed to the work that my friends and co-workers are here to do. Thanks for being willing to hear what we're here to say. Thanks for being open to learning something different from what you've always known.

I love you, Senegal.

Related image

Thanks for being YOU!

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment