Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What's Up April

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

Do you mean besides Easter candy? :)

Image may contain: indoor

On Mondays, I meet with a group of friends for Bible Study. And we all meet ahead of time for dinner, taking turns each week cooking. This past week, one of our ladies made some delicious broccoli cheese soup. And she also made some homemade crackers to go with it. Oh my... It was all so tasty!


What am I reminiscing about?

I've shared a couple reminiscing style posts on here recently. The first was a post full of Memories with my dad. It's kind of hard to imagine that he's been gone for 4 years, now. It seems like just yesterday. I so miss him. But I am also so very thankful for all the years I did have with him. It's just so bittersweet...
 

And the second, which I shared yesterday was a fun, Back in the Day, style post where I talked about my Top 3's from high school.

Related image

 What am I loving?

I'm loving this fun picture of my crew, modeling their sunglasses they got in their Easter goodie bags. Can you say Cool Kids? :)


What have I been up to? 

I'm leading Staff Devotions on Mondays and Wednesdays this week and next. So I've been printing/prepping for that. I get super, super nervous speaking in front of adults. So I always secretly dread going into it due to nerves. But once I'm in there, it's all good. Anywho - As I was rereading my notes one last time last night, I snapped this picture. Today's devotion was on God's provision. It's a topic that's always worth repeating. That's for sure. 

What am I dreading? 

Honestly, there's nothing that I'm dreading at the moment. So I think I'm going to go back to instead answering the question... 

What am I praying for?

I'm praying for this summer's plans. I'm trying to decide on when to be back in the US. I want to give myself at least a week or two after after school gets out to do a bit of prep work ahead of time for Kids Club and Drama. I want to also have time to sort through more of the junk cluttering up my apartment and get rid of it. And most of all, I want some time to decompress after a particularly exhausting/semi-difficult school year before heading home for the summer.

And past that... I'm praying for services. I still need to book a few more services for while I'm back. Since I'm only back in the summers, a lot of churches are already booked. And so few churches have services on Sunday nights anymore. So it's sometimes hard to set those summer services up.

Will you help me pray that God gives me clarity on when to plan to leave (since the price varies depending on when you fly) AND for Him to work out all the details for lining up services, connecting with supporters, and raising necessary funds for my missions budget as well?

What am I working on?


I've been prepping for Elementary Camp, which happens this Friday. I've been separating out materials for different crafts, passing out reminder notes, separating out food purchases, and bagging up goodie bags. And I've also, obviously, been looking over my notes for the Bible lesson, as well.

What am I excited about?

Have I mentioned that Elementary Camp is in a couple more days?! :)


What am I watching?

I've been slowly working my way through episodes of JAG, thanks to a sweet friend who let me borrow her dvd set of the show.
Image result for JAG

What am I reading?

The other day I posted my reading recap, showing what I read from the end of February through last week. If you missed it, you can read it HERE.

Past that, I've been reading through this folder full of 18-20 journal articles on all sorts of topics pertaining to ADHD, as research for a long Literature Review paper I have to write over the weekend. I know I could read them online. But I was willing to pay what it took to print them all off, so I could actually hold them in my hand, highlight key points, and make all sorts of notes in the margins, while I read.

What am I listening to?

I subscribed to Apple Music, so I've been getting all sorts of new songs lately. And I'm still sticking with my listening to only Worship (Christian) music. And I must say... I'm really enjoying

What am I wearing? 

Nothing terribly exciting or blog-worthy. Ha! :)

What am I doing this weekend?

Friday, I'm leading our school's annual Elementary Camp. So by the time I finish that and get home super late at night, I'm pretty sure I'll crash and sleep the rest of the weekend away. Ha! At least 'til I wake up Saturday morning and write my long research paper. But hey, it's worth it for that. After all, it's the last assignment for this class. So I'll be happy to finally be finished with it.

What am I looking forward to next month?

We have a day off right at the beginning. But past that... I'm just looking forward to all the normal end of school year stuff. Our last day of classes is on the last day of May. Then we'll start with final exams after that. So time will fly by.

Image result for end of school year for teachers

What else is new?

This may be small, but check out these highlighters. They're erasable. And they're perfect for me while taking notes, since I like the option of erasing when I make a mistake. Seriously... This isn't an ad or anything like that. It's just a case of me really liking a set of erasable highlighters :)




And in case you're wondering where I got them, I bought them at Wal-Mart while I was in the US last month. But you can also get them on Amazon for the same price of $5.90. Not too bad considering what you're getting....

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?

What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment