Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Spring Break in America

Happy Tuesday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk link-up, where we, bloggers, come together and talk about whatever is on our mind at the moment. I typically try to think of one specific topic to talk about.



In January, I shared an introduction of myself and in February, I shared a random list of little things that had made me smile recently. Then in March, I talked about being a Special Ed. Teacher. And now, here we are in April, ready for me to talk about what's on my mind at the moment... And today, what's on my mind is Spring Break.

First of all, this trip, in itself, was such a blessing.


I got to speak at my alma mater, Florala High School, telling a bit about life and ministry in Senegal. It was such a fun experience for me!

Image may contain: Elisabeth Nichols, smiling, closeup Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

It was so nice to see friends and former teachers while there. I wish I'd thought to take a picture with all of them I saw. But I didn't...

Image may contain: 3 people, including Jamie Jackson and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people standing

And of course I got to soak up all sorts of family time with my mom, my adorable nieces, and of course their parents too (even if I ended up somehow not getting any pictures of them while I was there).


Image may contain: 2 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, child and closeup

I ate some good food and drank fountain Dr. Peppers loaded with ice.


I spent lots of time laughing.


And even a bit of time working/studying.


I spent a bit of time on the road, but thankfully more time at home. 



I loved visiting my mom's church, refreshing my soul with good ol' fashioned hymn book singing, an amazing sermon, and Communion.


 I enjoyed seeing the beautiful flowers blooming in my mom's yard.


I read a bit. Not nearly as much as I thought I would. But, even more fun than reading books, myself... I was read to by my oldest niece :)


I got to see one of my aunts and a few of my cousins.


And I was especially nice to spend so much extra time with my mom. 



 
And I enjoyed it all.

It was such a nice, nice trip!

And here are a couple extra cute niece pictures for good measure :) 


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup   Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, stripes and indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, eyeglasses, drink and closeup 

No comments:

Post a Comment