Wednesday, September 25, 2019

What's Up September

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?

Yesterday evening, I was eating leftovers from lunch, while I finished up last minute Drama Team prep last night. This Senegalese dish is my favorite. And it's the special of the day on Tuesdays at a local restaurant our staff orders from each week. And so, for a little less than $3, I can order that and have enough food for both lunch and dinner since they pack it so full. And yes, I did add the Dr. Pepper to the mix because I knew I was going to have a late night last night.


What am I reminiscing about?

I couldn't sleep the other night, thanks to drinking caffeine far too late in the evening. So I was going through my blog, re-reading posts from over the years. And at one point, I read THIS post about singleness and was reminded about how God's plans don't always go by the deadlines imposed by our own plans. We just have to trust in His timing.

 

And yes, just for the record... I am honestly, totally 100% content with life the way it is. But let's be honest. If His plans included some of what I discussed in that blog post, I wouldn't be opposed. And I totally think it's okay to feel both ways. :)

 What am I loving?

One of my older groups is working through some lessons in Revelation at the moment in their Bible class. I loved hearing their thoughts around their memory verse for the week. It's always fun to me to be able to ask a guiding question and then sit back and listen to their discussions surrounding it. And sure, of course I add in thoughts here or there. But when we start the week, we spend our time, analyzing their memory verse(s) for the week, taking a deeper look at what God has for us to learn from it. And each and every time, as I listen to these kiddos discussing a Bible verse, talking about the lessons God is teaching them, talking about ways we can exemplify a life on fire for Christ, I think to myself... It is such an incredibly wonderful gift to teach in a Christian school and in this country.

Image result for revelation 1:8

What have I been up to?

All sorts of things...

I've been teaching, lesson planning, Drama Team/Kids Club leading, tutoring, making those A's in the class I'm taking, Bible Studying, and still fitting in lots of time for fun outings with friends :)



What am I dreading?

Going outside.

Y'all... Hot season in West Africa is no joke.

Image may contain: text

What am I working on?

This past weekend, I spent some time prepping my latest newsletter. It's as much of an update as it is a Thank You to all of the men and women who have supported me with both finances and prayer over the past ten years. This adventure God called me on has been full of highs and lows (mostly highs). I have absolutely loved getting to follow the call God's placed on my life. And I don't know how many more years I'll be here. It might be a few more years. It might be a few more decades. But no matter what, I know Who holds my future in His hands. And that's all that matters.

What am I excited about?

I’m excited about our upcoming Drama Team performances. We still have a LOT to do. But I’m encouraged by the excitement I see (hear) in these kids. It’s exciting to see them taking ownership of so much of it and throwing out ideas and all of that. I love it!

What am I watching?

 I need something new (well, new to me) to watch. Anyone have a recommendation?

What am I reading?

I read this quote online the other day and it stuck with me.

Image may contain: text 

What am I listening to?

Someone shared a song from this album on Instagram the other day and I loved it. So I immediately added it to my Worship music playlist on my phone.


What am I wearing?

Nothing terribly exciting :)

What am I doing this weekend?

Lesson Plans/Drama/Kids Club prepChurch
And hopefully something else to get me out of the house/classroom at some point :)

What am I looking forward to next month?

School continuing to go well...
This class I’m taking ending...
My new class starting...
One of my students returning...
Life continuing to go well...

What else is new?


Not much.

Same ol’ Same ol’

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

3 comments:

  1. How cool that you live in west Africa!? You have been blogging for ages LOL. Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are doing amazing things in West Africa! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get married until I was 36 so I hear you on the singleness struggle. It is so hard to be patient with God when you don't understand why some of your dreams aren't coming true -- especially when you are surrounded by friends who are living your dream. I'm praying for your peace of mind and heart in this season, no matter how long it lasts.

    ReplyDelete