Monday, July 20, 2015

Musings on a Monday - Life


So what am I musing about early this Monday morning? 


Life.



Yesterday, I visited one of the churches my dad pastored when I was a kid. I loved this church so much. And I still do!



We've only changed a little in the last 20 years. ...just a little. Ha! :)


Anywho, I truly did enjoy the service. The worship was so annointed. The preaching was too. The Spirit showed up and moved in a mighty way! I loved it!


Plus, it was Baby Dedication day and they dedicated 9 babies. It was a beautiful celebration. ...and even more meaningful since my friend was dedicating hers today. I loved being there and getting to see it!


But here's the deal.


As much as I was happy to be there (and I truly was so incredibly happy for my friend, her husband, and all the other mommies and daddies participating), it was still hard.


Why? 



It was yet another reminder of my lack of such things (husband, children, family). 



Y'all... 


When I was a little girl, I just assumed the plan was that God would let me get married, live in a little house with a white picket fence, and have a house full of kids. 


Fast forward to present day... I'm about to turn 30 (Gasp! I know, right?!) and the singleness is still alive and kickin'.


And honestly... It usually doesn't bother me. 


But today? 


Today it did. 


Today I struggled with my questions of why and I begged God for an answer to that powerful 3 letter question, but do you know what I got...



So in honor of that silence, I decided to do what I would tell anyone else in my position... 


I chose to forego my nap and spend some time in prayer.



I prayed for wisdom and guidance.


I prayed for strength.


I prayed for a combatant against this loneliness.


I prayed for peace and comfort.


And then...


Then, I prayed for forgiveness. 


I prayed that God would forgive me for not trusting Him with my life. 


I prayed that God would forgive me for not trusting God with making plans for my future.

 

I prayed that God would forgive me for allowing the devil to rob me of some of my happiness today.


And lastly...


I prayed for my future.


I prayed for a better attitude.


I prayed for my future husband and children. 


And I prayed for the paitence to wait for them (in case God decides at some point to bless me in this way).



And you know...


It was then that I heard God say, 


Trust me.


And I knew... 


It will all work out in the end.


Would I like to be in a relationship right now?


YES! 


I mean, just to be asked out a date at this point would be a win :)


But I will do what my Savior asked of me. 


I will trust Him.



And I will wait.


But in the mean time, if anyone knows of any single Christian guys who love Jesus, feel free to send them my way.



Just kidding... Unless you do know someone, that is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment