Saturday, January 26, 2013

The 47th Dear _______ Post

Dear 8, You're how many years my dad has been cancer free :)

Dear Spiritual Emphasis Week at My School, You were this week. My 1st graders loved the Bible stories, Christian songs, and fun games. There was a team of people from the States leading our SEW this week that loved on our kids and treated them (and us teachers) so amazingly the whole week.

Dear Grad School, All my issues with you finally got all worked out this week. Praise the Lord! :)

Dear Last 2 Berean Courses, I registered for you this week. After these courses, a test, and an interview (that scares the daylights out of me just so you know), I'll have my Certified Minister's license with the Assemblies of God.

Dear Cajun Food, A few friends and I enjoyed you today. Gumbo, jambalaya, and red beans and rice...Yum! :)

Dear Duck Dynasty, Those same friends and I watched a mini marathon of you. We enjoyed the Cajun-ness and embraced our inner rednecks. Ha! :)

Dear Financial Blessing, I received you earlier this week. Thanks for showing up when I needed you the most :)

Dear Rulers, Who would've thought you'd be so much fun for my first graders? They've loved measuring things in the classroom and are looking forward to doing so around our campus on Monday. I love when they get excited about learning.

Dear Cooking for People, I really enjoy you. It's so nice being able to do it so much. I love being able to entertain/have people over any time I want. ...one of the perks of living by myself, I suppose :)

Dear Cooking in General, You're so much fun. I never thought I'd say that, but you really are. I really do love cooking :)

Dear Washington D.C., It's looking like I may get to visit you this summer on my way home from Dakar. If it works out, that'd be so awesome! Now I just wonder if I'd be able to meet Mr. Obama :)

Dear New Knife, I was happy to see you in a goody bag I got from a friend for Christmas this year. I used you for the first time last night. You work wonderfully. ...so wonderfully, that you not only cut the veggies for supper, but also cut through two of my fingers. Can we say ouch?

Dear Answered Prayers, I'm a big fan of you. ...just so you know. And my dad needs a big one right now, so feel free to come his way. :)

Dear 2 a.m., I've never been a big fan of you. And when I get woken up at that time by a phone call, telling me that my dad's been rushed to the emergency room due to having a heart attack, I like you even less. Boo :(

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Clearly I don't read my comments enough. I'm going to try harder on doing that, though.

      Thanks for praying! He's doing so much better now.

      Delete