Saturday, February 8, 2014

The 96th Dear ____ Post

Dear Kids Club, You started back up this week. The kids were so excited, which of course made me excited! I love this time I get with them!

Dear Senior Cafe, You're happening at DA this weekend. Thanks for being such a fun way to start my weekend! 

Dear Broccoli Cheese Soup, I'm making you tomorrow. Yay for frozen broccoli and velveeta cheese :)

Dear Encouragement, You're what I've received this week from a few different people. I'm so thankful for people God's placed in my path to say (and mean) such sweet, encouraging words.

Dear Best Buds, You're a program at my school where each elementary student is paired with a high school student as their "best bud." Once a month we have Best Buds lunch, where the best buds can eat lunch and play together. It was so fun yesterday to see the best buds spending their lunch time together, eating, laughing, and playing together. Plus it gives me the chance to eat with my best bud - my friend who's an elementary teacher :)

Dear Confidence Boost, I saw you displayed in a major way in one of my students this week. It's so great to see a student finally get what you've been telling them all along... "You are smart. You do, indeed, know what you're doing."

Dear Typhoid Vaccine, I got you yesterday since you're due this year. Boo to needles and blood (even just a drop) and a slightly sore arm :(

Dear Nems, A couple friends and I went to get you for supper last night before Senior Cafe. Yum!

Dear Planning Ahead, I like you. I really do. So, I'm having trouble at the moment giving some things up to God, knowing that He really is in control and knows what needs to happen when.

Dear Baby Girl, You're what 2 of my co-workers had yesterday. You should've heard the cheers at school yesterday when the announcement was made and when your picture was showed during Senior Cafe last night too. It was super sweet. And you're so incredibly adorable! Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. E-M and Baby Kylie :)

Dear A Book, You're what I'm having mailed to my niece. Thankfully, there was someone going to the States in a couple days that would take it for me and mail it. So it should get there in time now. Woohoo :)

Dear Valentine's Day, You happen on Friday. I love doing fun crafts regarding you with my students, but honestly... I could personally pass on you. Just sayin'

Dear Reading for Fun, You were on my list of New Year's Resolutions. I thought you'd be an easy fix. Ha! You seem to be the resolution I've had the most trouble with. I've been doing quite a bit of reading for work and for a writing project I'm doing. But to read just for fun... That hasn't really happened much. So I'm planning to change that fact this weekend. We'll see.

Dear Elementary Chapel, I was the speaker for you yesterday. I spoke on how we can celebrate the defeat of the enemy. How often do we (myself included) let the enemy try and defeat us? How often do we just give up and let him win? Why don't we celebrate his defeat? Why don't we remind him that we have the true winner on our side? We have God on our side!

No comments:

Post a Comment