Friday, February 14, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 85 - 89

Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#85 - 100 heart shaped lollipops

I bought you when I was in the States back in December. I gave the majority of you out at our Kids Club Valentine's Day party yesterday and will be giving the rest out to my students tomorrow. Thanks for being a lightweight and tasty sweet treat!

#86 - someone to listen

I'm such an external processor. I really need to talk things out, process the thoughts in my head. So I'm thankful for a mom and some good friends that will sweetly offer that listening ear - knowing that I'm there to do the exact same for them.

#87 - my Team USA travel mug

I realize this is totally small and trivial, but in honor of the Olympics, I've been using this mug every day. It's practical - It keeps my hot drinks hot and my cold drinks cold. But it's also the perfect accompaniment to my Winter Olympics viewing. Go Team USA! :)

#88 - the instant mood lift caused by dressing up

Does anyone else ever feel this way? You put on a dress, nice shoes, jewelry, whatever... And almost  instantly your mood lifts. Why don't I do this more often?! :)

#89 - the chance to pour into the lives of so many kids

This week I've become even more aware of how much I'm going to miss this aspect of teaching at DA. I love getting to chat with students, to find out about their lives, to offer a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on, and to show the love of Christ to them. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have my classroom as a mission field for the past 4 1/2 years. 

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment