Saturday, February 22, 2014

The 98th Dear _____ Post

Dear 6:45, You're what time I woke up this morning. Really?! Why? It's Saturday...my day off. That means I could've slept late. Seriously 6:45...I think you and I shouldn't see each other on Saturday mornings from now on, ok? :)

Dear Winter Olympics, You're almost over. And I've only gotten to watch one event online. Major sadness going on over here about that... BUT thanks to online news and students and co-workers, I've been able to stay up-to-date on what's going on.

Dear DA Olympics, You were this week. I love watching our kids during these events. We have such talented students.

Dear Baby Kylie, You've got people all around the world praying for you, especially after the latest updates posted by your Mommy and Daddy. I'm praying that God supplies your every need and that He continues wrapping His loving arms around you and your sweet family. P.S. To blog readers...If you want to keep updated on Kylie's situation, and know how to more specifically pray, you can read about it on her Caring Bridge site. They need all the prayers they can get. At this moment, they're praying for a neonatologist to accompany them on their flight to the States. Anyone know one?

Dear Fresh Corn on the Cob, You've been back in season for a little while now, but I hadn't been able to find you. Well, that changed on Thursday. The grocery store just down the road finally had you at a decent price so I got enough to load up my freezer. Yay!

Dear Frozen Bissap, I have one word for you... Yum! :)

Dear Romans 5:1-5, I love you. Thanks for providing just the encouragement I needed the other day.

Dear Verona, You're the city in Italy where Romeo & Juliet's tragic tale was set. You're also the latest city I've added to my Bucket List, thinking it'd be pretty awesome to visit. Pictures of the city are beautiful. Ah... Let the daydreaming commence :)

Dear Photo a Day Project, You're what I'm doing this year. I'm so enjoying it. It's been fun looking back over the pictures I've taken so far. I can't wait to see what I end up with at the end of the year with my 365 Days Photo book.

Dear Writing a Paper, You're what I plan on spending the majority of my day doing. I realize it may not sound like the most exciting thing ever, but it's on a topic I enjoy learning about, so I'm happy :)

Dear Taking Some Time Off Work, You're what my dad's going to have to do. He really needs a touch from the Master Healer. This weakness, tiredness, and overall sickliness needs to leave his body. I'm praying for a touch from God. And I'm praying that this time off from work will be just the thing to help him gain back his strength. To him, as long as he's able to work, he wants to. He doesn't like the idea of "sponging off the government," as he puts it. What an inspiration he is! He's such a fighter and hard worker, not wanting to depend on others to survive. I pray I have his strength, determination, and strong will some day. It'd be an honor to be like him!

Dear God, Thanks for being in control of everything in the lives of my family, friends, and myself. ...even when I feel overwhelmed by circumstances around me, I can know that YOU are in control! Thank you for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment