Friday, February 14, 2014

The 97th Dear _____ Post

Dear Kids Club, We had a mini party Wednesday afternoon, complete with a movie teaching us how God made us each special/unique and loves us so very much. Plus we got bubbles and candy. How awesome is that?! And do you want to know what I love the most? I love seeing close to 60 kids having fun learning about Jesus!

Dear Surprise, You're what my friend's husband pulled off last night, by surprising her with a vow renewal ceremony. Can we say romantic (and sweet and beautiful and awwww)?! :)

Dear Fresh Flowers, I so very much love you! You smell beautifully. You look so pretty. And you brighten up a room. Thanks for being a nice treat.

Dear Basketball Games, You're what I'm planning to watch tonight. This is the first year I've really gotten into basketball. I love watching our kids play! I just usually don't get to do so since their games are typically during the time I'm leading Kids Club. That's why it's nice when they have games at other times, like tonight.

Dear Softball Tournament, You start tomorrow and will go through Monday. I love this time of year!

Dear Writing Papers, I thought I was finished with you when I finished my Master's this past May. Ha! I've been asked to collaborate with a former professor to submit an article to an education journal on issues surrounding Non-Native English Speakers with Special Needs. I've been doing a lot of research and have compiled quite the collection of journal articles. And I'm looking forward to tackling them this weekend. My plan is to let that be my "fun" reading in between ball games. Is it sad that I consider this fun? :)

Dear Valentine's Day, You are today. You included quite the array of sweetness. I still wouldn't consider you one of my favorite holidays. I could definitely live without you at this point in my life. But at the same time, you weren't too terribly bad.

Dear 2 Berean Courses (and a test/interview), You're all I have left before receiving my Certified Minister's license with the A/G. I plan on starting those some time in the next couple weeks. That way I can finish up by summer time. And then I'll start on the next round, which I'll be able to work on/finish while I'm in the States raising my new mission's budget.

Dear New Budget, I'm waiting to see what you will be. Due to DA offering its teachers so much, I've been able to keep my budget fairly low these past few years, which means, of course, that once I leave, it'll increase (a lot). So now I wait. ...and pray. ...and thank God in advance for how He's going to work everything out like I know He will!

Dear Write a Book, You're something I've always dreamed of doing. And after talking about it with a former professor the other day, I'm thinking maybe I should stop dreaming and start actually writing. Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment