Saturday, February 1, 2014

The 95th Dear ______ Post

Dear Snow, You hit much of my home state this week. While I think you're pretty to look at and I would like to experience you again before I die, I think too much of you would be a bad thing. You, and your buddy Ice, caused a lot of damage to a lot of people this week.

Dear 2, You're the number of nieces I'll have in a few months. Can we say, excited?! :)

Dear 101, You're how many days of school we've had as of yesterday. Where has the time gone? It seems like it was just yesterday we were starting our year.


Dear Friends from High School, I love that we still stay in touch and that some of us are even planning to get together this summer. I can't wait!

Dear Skype Meeting, You're what I had last night with some of my fellow missions team members. It was nice to "meet" them and be a part of things even though I'm a few thousand miles and an ocean away from them. I'm so thankful for these people, their hearts for mission, and our unified vision of sharing The love of our Maker with those who have never heard.

Dear Changes, You're a comin' :)

Dear Newsletters, I finished you last night. Now I just have to proofread them today, print them, and get them ready to be taken back to the States with someone leaving Dakar later this weekend. 

And speaking of that newsletter...

Dear Once It's Sent, You're when I'll share my news on here. I owe it to the good folks back home to let them read it first :)

Dear To Do List for Today, You're a long one, but here's hoping that today is a productive one. I think I can. I think I can. 

Dear Dinner with Friends, You're where I'll be going tonight. I love these ladies!

Dear Meal Planning for the Week, You're what I just finished. Want to know what I'm having? Of course you do, because it's so exciting! This week, I'm having Thai Coconut Soup, Spring Rolls and Asian Slaw, and Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Roll Ups. I usually only plan 3 meals each week because I always end up with leftovers. Plus this week I have a couple dinner invites and I'm planning to go grab a sandwich Friday when I stay late to work. See, I told you...exciting! :)

And now for one last bit of sweetness...

Dear Yesterday, You're what I heard earlier this week from one of my sweet first graders as we walked to our classroom. She said, "Miss Nichols, I love Jesus. I love Jesus a lot... more than Barbies and princess dresses and candy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment