Wednesday, July 15, 2015

An Almost Wordless Wednesday

I had big plans to do a typical Wordless Wednesday post today. But let's face it. I like to talk too much for that :)

So here's my Almost Wordless Wednesday post instead :)

On Monday I started my diet. Y'all I love to eat. Therefore, I refuse to starve myself. But I can totally choose healthier options, both at home and on the road. So far, so good...


My oldest niece has been my permanent shadow the last two days. She wanted to play/eat/sit with Zizzie all day. Here we are "saying cheese" together :)


Ah, nems... These are the most delicious things in the world. And while they totally wouldn't go with my diet plans, I so miss them. I was looking through some of my photos from Senegal and saw this one and my mouth totally started watering :)


I've started a new Bible study recently and have been highlighting, underlining, and taking notes like it's going out of style. I love love love learning something new every time I read the Word!


Look at this little red haired cutie. Isn't she adorable?! :)


Pet peeve? People using the word literally incorrectly. Ugh...


I rarely ever know what the date is anymore. Ah the joys of being a teacher on summer break :)


But as wonderful as summer break is, I do miss my kiddos and am looking forward to this coming school year, especially now that I have my classroom decoration "theme" picked. *Hint: It involves the canvas print below and a lot of world travel-themed items :)


My mom and I are headed to Mobile tomorrow. And I can't help but think about previous trips that included my sweet Daddy. Oh my are the memories are so going to be flooding my brain this coming week...


Teaching is not just my job. It's my passion. I love it! I especially love learning new (and new to me) strategies and skills to use in my own classroom. I love finding new ways to meet the needs of the sweet babies God places in my care. So I'm really looking forward to the conference I'll be attending next week!


Faith... The lesson of the moment from my Savior.


I'm rereading/journaling through Mark Batterson's, Draw the Circle 40 Day Prayer Challenge. Although, I'm doing a "rushed" version of the prayer challenge by planning to complete it in a week-ish. Why? I'm heading on vacation and will have a good bit of down time to focus on it. 

And more importantly, God has recently placed something on my heart, that I've been spending a lot of prayer time on. I'd read this book a couple times before and kept it for the future. So when I found this book the other day, I felt God leading me to read it again and spend more time praying for the issue He placed on my heart. 


And last, but certainly not least... My mom and I have gotten closer this summer and I've loved it! This lady is the best mother and friend I could ever imagine! God truly blessed me by allowing me to be born as her daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment