Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's up July

Today I'm linking up with Mix and Match MamaPinterest Told Me To, and The Larson Lingo for the end of July's What's Up Wednesday post.

The questions for this monthly series are always similar, with a few tweaked from time to time, depending on what's going on.


The only different aspect of these is that there's always one last question that is significant to the month at hand.


So if you want to join along, grab the "button" below and the questions above and go for it! :)


What am I eating this week?

I'm working in my classroom some this week, getting things set up/ready for the new school year. So while at Walmart the other day, I stocked up on whole wheat wraps, turkey, spinach, and pepper jack cheese to make healthy (and filling) wraps. I bought a big bag of almonds and portioned those out into healthy snack servings. And I also got a big bag of frozen fruit and a carton of almond milk to make up some tasty smoothies for breakfast on the go. 

What am I reading? 


At the moment in reading two books. 1) Draw the Circle by Mark Batterson and 2) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. ...quite the combination, huh? :)

What am I listening to?


I have quite the eclectic taste in music, so it's always fun to see what song comes up next when my iTunes is on shuffle. As for my current favorite... I'm really loving Rend Collective's More than Comquerors.

What am I dreading? 


...that super early wake up call starting back next week. Boo to the end of summer break :(

What am I excited about?


...seeing my classroom come together the way I envisioned it :)

What am I looking forward to in August?

My birthday and work and seeing "my" kids (students) again and and getting back into a routine again and my niece's birthday and a family zoo trip and whatever else I can get into :)

What am I reminiscing about?


Senegal. It was on this day 6 years ago that I boarded a plane heading to my home away from home for the very first time.

What am I wearing? 


The requirements for today's outfit were as follows: It must be comfortable since I'm working in my classroom all day, cleaning and decorating.  And it must include a hat since my hair didn't want to cooperate this morning :)

What am I loving?

This quote...


What have I been up to?


...spending a little time each day getting my classroom ready for my kids to start back next week.

What am I doing this weekend?

I'll be treating myself and my mom (if I can talk her into it) to a pedicure and lunch. Plus I have to go to Kinkos to print some stuff for school. Why not print them at home? I want to save my color ink :)

What else is new? 


I'm embracing a new "keep calm and be flexible" attitude. And so far, it's working quite well for me :)

And for the July question...

What will I miss most about the summer?


Honestly, the thing I'll miss most is being able to hang out with this lady so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment