Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hello August

It's August! 

...the absolute BEST month of the year! 

Why? ...my birthday, of course :)


Little known fact... Did you know (in the U.S.) that August is the only month with no holiday? 

Anywho... 

Here's what I'm planning to say hello to this month...

1. Getting back into a routine.


Y'all, I love summer time and having no need for an alarm clock just as much as the next person. But let's face it. I love a good routine. Give me a classroom, a schedule, and a bunch of kids to teach, and I'm a happy girl.

2. My Birthday!!!


So my birthday is this coming Thursday. I sometimes wonder how it's possible that I'm turning 30. Wasn't I just a kid?! :)


You know what's sad though? I have to work on my birthday. It's the first day for students at my school. Oh well, such is life for a grown up. It's a good thing I like what I do :)

3. My Niece's Birthday


I can't believe that little bitty baby will be 3 years old next week! I'm super excited to be spending the day with her (and everyone else too, of course)! 

4. Less Caffeine


Well, actually I said hello to this last month, but you get the idea... Y'all caffeine does a number on me. So I've made a rule to not have any after lunch anymore. 

Why? ...because I like my sleep :)

5. A New Computer


Sadly my computer decided it doesn't like me anymore. So I'm having to end our 5 year relationship and order a replacement. I had a MacBook Pro and have absolutely loved it. So the question is... Do I get another MacBook Pro or do I go for something else? Hmm....


6. Quiet Time 


And speaking of computers...

Y'all I use the computer a LOT at work. There's lesson planning, note taking, helping kids with activities/games, helping kids with research, my own research, running the Smart Board, testing, IEPs, and on and on and on...


Anywho - Due to all of that, I really am looking forward to a little technological silence when I get home from work. As in, turn off my laptop, leave my phone on silent, etc. 


So there ya go. That's just a little of what I have planned for August.

What about you? What do you plan to say hello to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment