Friday, August 14, 2015

It's Friday!!!

It's Friday (my favorite day of the week), so I'm linking up with AndreaNarci and Erika today and sharing some favorites from this week. 



1. Zoo Recap = A Favorite Blog Post

This past Sunday I wrote a recap of my trip to the zoo this past weekend. Did you miss it? If so, you can read it here.

Y'all, I'm telling you. This was one of the biggest highlights of my week - a definite favorite. Who would've ever thought a 30 year old would have so much fun at the zoo?! Of course it might've had something to do with my two favorite girls being there :)


2. Pajamas = A Favorite Clothing Option
Now let's face it. I love dressing up for work as much as the next one, but coming home and immediately putting on my pajamas is the bomb dot com. Because let's face it... PJs are definitely my favorite clothes to wear.


3. Laughter = A Favorite Activity

They say, Laughter is the best medicine. Well, whoever "they" is, is right. Y'all, I'm so grateful for the many chances to laugh at work. After all, laughing is one of my favorite activities. Between funny kid quotes, interesting pictures drawn by kids (FYI... Be careful what you ask a literal thinking child to draw), and general stress/sleep-deprived induced silliness and you'll have a few favorite laughter induced moments at work :)


4. Church = One of My Most Favorite Places

I found these quotes this past Sunday, heading to church and fell in love with them. Why do I go to church? Easy... It's my one of my most favorite places to be :)



5. Quotes = Favorite Bits of Inspiration

While looking for quotes about one of my favorite places, I found some of these good bits of inspiration. I'm a quote hoarder. I love 'em! And the three below quickly became 3 of my favorites.



6. Tasty and Healthy = 2 Favorite Qualities in A Lunch

Tuna has always been a favorite, so when I found this lemon pepper version, I decided to give it a try. Pair it with some roasted garlic triscuits, apple slices with peanut butter, and a caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper and you have yourself a winner (i.e., a favorite). Yum!


7. Early Mornings = A Favorite Way to Stay On Top of Things

Yep, you're reading the time on my alarm correctly. It does indeed say 4:45 a.m. Why is this an addition to my list of weekly favorites? ...because it gives me the chance to get a whole lot of stuff done. I have morning duty now, starting at 7:00 (hello 45 minutes of direct, intense Alabama sunlight), so I'm unable to spend the time I'd normally spend prepping for the day. Therefore, I chose to wake up even earlier to do so. Now, I get to spend time drinking my tea, reading my Bible, and I can still get to work at 6:30 (or earlier if need be) and get prep work done. And yes, I'm sure that's part of the reason I'm ridiculously exhausted by the end of the day. But that's ok. It's worth it :)



8. Booking a Flight to See Some of My Favorite People = MAJOR AWESOMENESS! :)

I got an email this morning from my bestie (p.s. I think bestie is an oddly sounding word. Don't you?). Anyways... The email said that she'd heard on the radio that this week is a good one to buy plane tickets because apparently they're cheaper. Well, being the sucker for good prices that I am, I jumped on that as soon as I got home from work. And guess what! They really were! Hence, the Facebook status below. P.S. Here's hoping I get to experience a real winter and I don't jinx Colorado with the joke that is an Alabama "winter" by me going there. Haha :)



9. A Picture of a Flooded Street in One of My Favorite Places = A Reminder to Pray

A friend in Senegal posted this picture the other day of them going to church. Can you imagine? There was so much rain that it flooded the streets. And my first instinct was to pray... So I did. I prayed for the people without a vehicle who are stuck walking in this (literal) nastiness. I prayed for the ones who get sick from the rain and the "cold" and the dirty water. I prayed for the farmers who could've used just a little rain, not flooded fields. I prayed for the missionaries working with these people. I prayed for open hearts and minds. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to flood the country of Senegal. And I prayed for all of the unbelievers in Senegal to turn to the one true God.


No comments:

Post a Comment