Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A Lesson on God's Provision and Love

This past school year was hard for me, as a teacher.

So by the time I left Senegal in June, I was totally emotionally exhausted.

On one of my flights home, I got lucky and had two seats (on the two-seat side, at that) by myself. I remember stretching out and then closing my eyes, planning to sleep. But then God had other plans.

I was "stuck" and God knew it.

So He took that time to speak to me.

You see, God knew something that I was in denial about.

God knew I needed a renewed sense of trust and faith and peace.

So there I was on the plane, wide awake, but with my eyes closed, having a nice, long chat with God. I spent some time pouring out my heart to Him, with literal tears falling down my face at some points (thankfully, it was dark so no one saw me). 

But I also spent a lot of time listening to Him.

And it was on that flight, that God led me to Genesis 22:1-18 and the story of Abraham and Isaac. It's a story I've read many times before. But this time, God pointed out 5 lessons I'd never really thought of before.

~ one ~

In verse 1, it says "God tested Abraham..." God will test our commitment to Him. Are we willing to do whatever it takes to follow Him? Are we willing to do anything He asks, no matter how intense that request might be?

~ two ~ 

In verse 3, it says "So Abraham rose early in the morning..." Abraham responded promptly to the challenge God put before him. He didn't wait around. He immediately got up and did what God had called him to do.

~ three ~ 

In verse 5, it says, "I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you..." Abraham said that he AND the boy would go over to worship AND he and the boy would come back again. This showed faith on the part of Abraham. Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac since God asked him to. But Abraham still had faith that his son would be alive at the end...

~ four ~ 

In verse 13, we see the provision of the ram at just the right time, which would take the place of Isaac. This is, obviously, symbolic of the Lamb of God being sacrificed in our place. 

~ five ~ 

In verse 14, it says, "The Lord will provide..." I end with this one because it's such a powerful reminder/promise of the Lord... The Lord knows what we need even before we ask. He wants us to ask because it shows our dependence on Him. But still... He knows what we need when we need it. And He will always provide.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So as I sat on that plane in June, with literal tears in my eyes, I felt the love of God yet again as He provided just what I needed...

He provided flashback after flashback, full of memories of His love and provision throughout this past year. And I fully believe that God wanted me to get to such a low point, so I would have no other option but to look up at Him. He likes taking us out of our comfort zones like that. ;)

Y'all, we serve such an amazing God.

He provides for us.

He cares for us.

He loves us.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk link-up, where we, bloggers, come together and talk about whatever is on our mind at the moment.


If you missed my previous Tuesday Talk posts this year, you can click on the links below to check each of them out.


January - Introduction to Me

February - The Little Things

 March - You Might Be A Special Ed Teacher If...

April - Spring Break in America

May - Home Assignments  

June - He's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment