Saturday, August 3, 2019

June and July 2019 in Photos

Happy Friday, Y'all 

For the past few years, I've taken a photo every single day. Then at the end of the year, I compile those photos into a book. I share these photos each month on here, if for no other reason, but to help me remember some of the fun memories and thoughts that went with them. 

And today, I'm sharing my highlights from June and July.

On the first day of June, I enjoyed having a pedicure done, thanks to an end of the school year gift paying for it. Then on Day 2, I started on meds to get rid of whatever cold/flu symptoms I had. And on Day 3, we made slime after taking an exam.


On the 4th of June, these adorable visitors stopped by my room to show off their new shoes. And then on the 5th, a couple friends and I went out for our weekly Wednesday night dinner run before an event at school.


On the 6th, our school held its high school graduation. And then on the next day, I had my final check out, where my principal looked over my empty classroom and cleared me to leave for the summer.


Days 8 - 11 of June were my last spent in Dakar before Summer Break. I spent time hanging out with friends, buying a few snacks (and questioning some of the choices available here in Dakar), and eventually, heading to the airport with a friend and co-worker who was on my flight.



Days 12 - 14 were spent with my favorites (family and Chick-fil-A). :)




Days 15-17 looked quite similar ;)


Days 18 - 20 included a fun picnic dessert, meeting my mom's new puppy, and lunch with some of my family :)



Days 21-24 included practicing our letters, water fun, grapes!! and a trip to the theater with my family.



Days 25 - 27 included a late night burger for dinner, home cooking, and a new pineapple tote bag.



Days 28 - 30 were spent exploring one of my favorite cities with my mom, time spent with friends from high school, and a cool treat by the lake.


July started off with the arrival of Christmas in July cakes at Walmart. Then I spent a day at my office away from the office, admired my growing fingernails, and even marveled at a cool looking bug.



Days 5 - 8 were spent with my favorites, watching fireworks, and stocking up on bacon to take back to Senegal with me.



Days 9 - 12 included lunch with my Mama, a fun "twin" day, being read to by one of my favorites, and a beautiful "cotton candy" sky.



Days 13 - 16 included me helping my mom clean her church, arriving in Mobile, driving down one of my favorite roads, and time spent sitting and listening/learning.



Days 17 - 20 included andouille sausage, dinner with long-time friends, a fun tourist moment, and picking up my mom's puppy.



Days 21 - 24 included more classwork, a surprise Supplies Shower, a sunny selfie, and donuts for breakfast.



Days 25 - 28 included time with my mom and her puppy, lunch with a friend (whose picture I "stole"), leopard print dresses, and a steak for lunch.



And then to wrap up the month, I spent part of Day 29 at the playground with my favorite two girlies and Day 30 packing, even if my mom wouldn't let me pack this cuteness who climbed in my suitcase.


And that was my June and July in photos.

Oh, and in case you missed them, here are the previous months' photos...

March and April

May 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup, even if I am a day late. I just thought it'd be fun to share some of my favorite moments from the months of June and July. 

Click one of their names to and join the fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment