Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Little Things


Today, I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk link-up, where we, bloggers, come together and talk about whatever is on our mind at the moment. I typically try to think of one specific topic to talk about.

And yes, I do realize it's Wednesday

I was busy yesterday and didn't have time to post :)



Last month, I shared an introduction of myself, which you can read about here. And I had big plans to chat about a certain topic for this month. In fact, I'd already had the majority of it typed and ready in draft mode. But then, when I went to click "publish" earlier today, it just didn't feel right.

So instead, I thought I'd share a few of the little (and not so little) things which have made me smile recently. After all, sometimes it's those little (and again, not so little) things which have the most impact on us. Right? :)

Things like...

The peacefulness of the ocean... Y'all, I wish I could figure out how to add a video I've shot in here. If so, you'd hear the serene sound of the waves crashing in the distance. It was seriously just so incredibly peaceful and amazing!

Image may contain: sky, ocean, plant, outdoor and nature

A cross full of sticky notes, filled out by students (and teachers), highlighting all the ways we can be like Jesus and show love to those around us. I spoke in our Elementary Chapel this past week and this was the activity I had the kids help me with at the end of my lesson. And it turned out so well! 

No photo description available. No photo description available.

Late night decorations for a class presentation happening the next day... On the day in question, I had a lot to do after school. So while it's not my most favorite thing, I decided to just stay late and get it all done. I snapped this pictures at around 8:30 pm., as I was heading home. And while I may have been tired, I still had a smile on my face. I was so happy about the next day. I was so proud of my students who were also so proud of themselves, for being ready to present their research the following day at school. So yes... Late night (blurry) decor pictures made me smile :)

No photo description available. No photo description available.

A Valentines party with some of my favorite people made me smile, too. I loved that their 2 requested snacks were Chocolate Chip Cookies and Mac & Cheese. ...a fine combination in my book. ;) I also loved that we had the cutest decorations around thanks to the amazing lady that hangs out with, and more importantly, helps us during the day. My kids all loved having the decorations all set up and ready and made sure we took lots of pictures of the "pretty shelves." :)

No photo description available.

And speaking of Valentines Day... One of our principals made cupcakes for the staff. I know this may seem like a small thing, but it's little stuff like this that can sometimes make such a big difference. It shows she's thinking about it and she cares about us. I love it! Plus a cupcake is always a good thing :)

Image may contain: Elisabeth Nichols, smiling, food

Ok, one more Valentine related item... Little notes and cards from students always put a smile on my face. That's for sure :)

Image may contain: text

One of my guys is in a different English class than the others. So he's made it his goal to administer their spelling test each week. It's been good practice for him, as well, to work on speaking loudly and clearly, using correct pronunciation, etc. And yes, for some reason, this is his preferred spot to stand during the test. But he's happy and safe and I smile every single week when I see him ready to go :)

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

There are a zillion other little (and not so little) things that make me smile each day. But these are the first few that stuck out in my mind.

What about YOU?

What has made you smile recently?

2 comments:

  1. Reading your smiles made ME smile :) I talked about some things on my mind lately:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/02/tuesday-talk-lately-21919.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colletta, You're sweet! Thanks for reading. I'll go check out your blog now.

      Delete