Friday, May 3, 2019

March and April 2019 in Photos

Happy Friday, Y'all 

Since we don't have school today, this is me...

Image result for 3 day weekend 

For the past few years, I've taken a photo every single day. Then at the end of the year, I compile those photos into a book. I share some (not all) of the photos each month on here, if for no other reason, but to help me remember some of the fun memories and thoughts that went with them. 

And today, I'm sharing a few of my favorite moments from the past two months, which have included all sorts of fun.

So here we go...

The month started with a favorite event of our school, Senior Cafe, which is a school talent show, in which one of my students surprised us all with his incredible talent for singing. I love seeing my favorite kiddos excel in their confidence and in their giftings. 

Image may contain: 2 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, selfie and closeup 

March also included a bunch of my favorite foods. Things like dinner at one of my favorite restaurants eating yummy Korean food, the arrival of one of my favorite leafy greens (kale) to Dakar, and a Cajun shrimp poy boy sandwich from another favorite restaurant that specializes in American-style foods.

Image may contain: food Image may contain: food Image may contain: food

There was time spent at church, reading from THE favorite book...

No photo description available.

And time spent studying about one of my favorite topics, as part of my newest class which started in March.

Image may contain: text

We had another favorite event happen at school in March - Service Day. It was such a nice day seeing our kids serving others on campus and out in the community.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

And my most favorite school related event was my class's field trip to a local Brazilian Cafe for tasty treats, as a way of wrapping up our Social Studies chapter on Brazil. The food was super delicious - even declared a favorite by most of my students. And time spent with my favorite students is always a nice thing, too :)


Image may contain: 8 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, Emmanuel Perrin and Michelle Walker, people smiling, people standing

I ended the month at our AGWM West/South Africa Conference and Retreat, which was at a beautiful hotel. It was so nice to get away for a few days with some of my favorite co-workers, sleep in A/C (always a favorite), and learn more about THE favorite - God and all He has for us to do in this adventure He's called all of us on, called missions.

No photo description available. Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, sky, pool, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: 8 people, including Elisabeth Nichols and Christine Coverdale Lawson, people smiling, people standing

Then April arrived with me flying out on the first day of the month, heading  to see my most favorite people (after God, of course) - my family.

Image may contain: airplane

And I got to do all sorts of things with my favorites, like picking up my oldest niece from Kindergarten and spoiling my nieces with all sorts of fun treats/prizes...

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

I also enjoyed coloring and playing with legos...

Image may contain: one or more people Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting

Another favorite, and one of the main reasons I went back in the first place, was speaking at my favorite high school about Senegal and about my missions work. It was so fun to run into some of my favorite friends and former teachers :)

Image may contain: Elisabeth Nichols, smiling, closeup Image may contain: 3 people, including Jamie Jackson and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people standing

Singing the good ol' hymns from "back in the day" is always a favorite too. I like the new stuff. But sometimes I do miss the hymns... So when I got to enjoy that while visiting my mom's church, I was happy :)

No photo description available.

Another favorite of my time in the US was time spent with my most favorite lady - my sweet Mama.

Image may contain: Debra Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, drink, stripes, closeup and indoor

I also enjoyed time with some of my other favorite ladies - one of my aunts and some of my cousins. Laughing is a favorite of all of us, as evidenced by this photo :)

Image may contain: 4 people, including Lisa Scott Edwards, Debra Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people sitting, child and indoor

Before long, it was time to come back, and I was able to snag this picture of sunset - one of my most favorite times of the day, as I was leaving New York.

Image may contain: airplane     

Once back in Dakar, I was met with a delivery to help me fulfill one of my favorite activities - reading. Look at that stack of books!

No photo description available.

And eventually, it was time to celebrate one of my favorite holidays at school with my own students and with our Kids Club kids.

Image may contain: food Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and sunglasses 

Image may contain: 2 people

And the celebrations continued on the actual day of Easter, with (most of) my AG "family" here in Dakar.

Image may contain: 14 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, Christine Coverdale Lawson, Todd Lawson, Randy Tarr and Becky Tarr, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Towards the end of the month, I got to lead my absolute most favorite event of the entire school year - Elementary Camp.


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

A favorite treat was given to all staff by our principal. 

Image may contain: food

And then on the last day of April, I enjoyed one of my favorite candies while completing the last assignment for my class (my last one 'til July).

No photo description available.

And that was (the majority of) my March and April.


Oh, and in case you missed them, here are the previous months' photos...

January

February

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their names to and join the fun

No comments:

Post a Comment