Friday, October 18, 2019

Thinking about My Dad

For those who are new to my blog, this is my dad.


He passed away 4 1/2 years ago.

And I've been thinking a lot about him lately. 

My dad was a pastor for the majority of my life. He knew the Bible like it was the back of his hand. So he was my "go-to" when I had questions about the Bible. 

And lately, as I study The Word, participate in a Bible Study with some friends, and even when I prepare my lessons to teach my students in Bible class... Well, I keep coming up with questions about all sorts of things.

And I know there are plenty of people I can ask (and have asked, already). 

But, still... 

It's still so hard to not have my dad around to ask these things.

I miss that.

I miss him.

And so that got me thinking.

I saw a quote on Facebook that said something to the effect of...

When I get sad because I miss you, I just think to myself, I'm so lucky to have someone so great to miss.

And that's true.

I am so lucky to have a dad so wonderful that I do miss him so much.

And yes, it's more than luck.

I'm blessed.

I'm blessed to have had 29 years with my dad.

I'm blessed to have been able to sit and listen to all of those sermons.

I'm blessed to have been able to receive all of that advice over the years.

I'm blessed to have been able to call/email him, even from an ocean away, to ask him all of those questions about the Bible.

I'm blessed to still have verses in my Bible, highlighted, as a reminder of the last sermon I ever got to hear him preach.



I'm blessed to have so many memories of (with) my dad.

So yes, every time I think of a question I wish I could ask him, I'll remember... I'll remember just how lucky (blessed) I am to have had this man as my dad.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup and talking about one of my favorite people - my Dad.

Click one of their names to and join the favorites fun, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment