Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Do It Again by Elevation Worship

Today, on my mind, is a song...
 


At one of the churches I spoke at towards the beginning of the summer, the Worship Team sang the song, Do It Again, by Elevation Worship. And since this church has two services each Sunday, I got to hear it (live) twice. When I left the church, I turned on the radio and I heard it again. Then, later, I spoke in another church whose Worship Team sang that song. And then, again and again, I’d hear it on the radio.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago.

I’m in Dakar. School's over, but I'm working in my classroom, with my worship music playlist on shuffle and what song comes on, but this same song... And this time, I stopped and really listened to the lyrics...

Walking around these walls
I thought by now they'd fall
But You have never failed me yet
Waiting for change to come
Knowing the battle's won
For You have never failed me yet
 
I have this mental picture of Joshua and the people of Israel walking around the walls of Jericho. Think of how many times they ended up walking around those walls. Surely by the middle of it, people were thinking...
 
Walking around these walls
I thought by now they'd fall
 
  Yet, they kept going and didn't give up. 
 
 I also thought of my dad, who fought for 10 years, against a sickness that ultimately took his life. My dad struggled during those years. And I know there were times when it got tough to do so, but he never stopped fighting. 
 
But You have never failed me yet
Waiting for change to come
Knowing the battle's won
For You have never failed me yet
 
In those two examples, alone, I'm reminded of God's faithfulness...
 
Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I'm still in Your hands
This is my confidence, You've never failed me yet
 
I love the last line of the chorus.
 
This is my confidence, You've never failed me yet

I love knowing that I can always place my confidence in God. He's never failed me. And I know He never will. I know I can be confident in Him.
 
I know the night won't last
Your Word will come to pass
My heart will sing Your praise again
Jesus, You're still enough
Keep me within Your love
My heart will sing Your praise again
 
When I was a little girl, I hated the night time. I was constantly in fear of the dark and of having nightmares. It was such a scary time, almost every single night. My parents would pray with me, sing praise songs with me, hold my hand 'til I fell asleep, and let me always use a bright night light. But nothing helped. There was something about the dark, scary night.

At some point, though, I remember hearing God's sweet voice saying to me, "The night won't last forever. Morning will be here soon." And that stuck with me.
 
I know the night won't last
Your Word will come to pass

Think of all the promises of God in Scripture. 

Over and over again, our Heavenly Father has promised us good and wonderful things. He has promised to always love us and care for us, to guide us and teach us, to lead us and prepare us. 

The night might be scary/difficult.

The difficulties of life might scary/difficult.

But the morning is coming.

But the promises of God - the Truth in His Word - will come to pass. 
 
I've seen You move, come move the mountains
And I believe, I'll see You do it again
You made a way, where there was no way
And I believe, I'll see You do it again
 
 God has done so much for me.

He's moved those (figurative) mountains. And because I have seen it happen time and time again, I can totally, 100% believe I'll see Him do it again.

It's like in Isaiah 63:7a...

I will recount the steadfast love of the Lord...
 
I can recount the ways God's show His love to me over the years. I can remember all the many ways He has helped me and protected me, loved me and shielded me... I can count the ways He's stood with me. 
 
Because just as the song says in the end...
 
Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I'm still in Your hands
This is my confidence, You never failed
 
Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I'm still in Your hands
This is my confidence, You never failed me yet
 
And You never failed me yet
I never will forget 
You never failed me yet
And I never will forget

I'm not dealing with any "mountains" right now. And I've had this post in "draft" mode, ready to go for a few weeks. I just haven't felt ready to publish 'til today. So whether this is for someone else or if it's for myself to read in the future, I don't know.
 
All I do know is the reminders of God's faithfulness and love...
 
The reminders of God's promises being fulfilled...
 
They're all a good thing to remember over and over again.
 
 Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I'm still in Your hands
This is my confidence, You've never failed me yet
 
I can be confident in God because He's never failed me.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining Ashley and Erika for their monthly Tuesday Talk link-up, where we, bloggers, come together and talk about whatever is on our mind at the moment.



If you missed my previous Tuesday Talk posts this year, you can click on the links below to check each of them out.


January - Introduction to Me

February - The Little Things

 March - You Might Be A Special Ed Teacher If...


April - Spring Break in America

May - Home Assignments  

June - He's here.

* No post in July *

August - A Lesson on God's Provision and Love

September - Who Holds the Future

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen your blog until today. And I needed to read this more than you will ever know! God used you to speak to my heart today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi; I know a song similar to this by Kurt Carr. However I love the message - God is faithful.
    Stopping by from a wednesday linkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song! I wrote a post on it for another site (it's not live yet - I think it will be some time in November) so I loved reading your thoughts and what the song means to you. It's so important to hold onto God's faithfulness even when things are not working out as quickly as we hope.

    ReplyDelete