Wednesday, October 30, 2019

What's Up October

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

What am I eating?


Look what goodness made its way from America, courtesy of a super sweet co-worker. Oh Reese's pumpkins/trees, you are so amazingly delicious. Seriously... You are the best. You're definitely my favorite!


 And on Sunday morning after church, some friends and I went out for lunch to a new (well, recently moved/renovated) Lebanese restaurant. It was so good!

Image may contain: food
 
What am I reminiscing about?

I've been thinking a lot about my dad lately. It's a bit crazy for me to think that he's been gone for 4 1/2 years, already. But even after all that time, I still miss being able to call/email him and ask a question. ...especially a question about the Bible, his area of expertise. So, while thinking about this a couple weeks ago, I wrote a blog post on me thinking about my dad. If you missed it, you can read it HERE.




What am I loving?

I rearranged my living room last week. And I like it. It feels so much more open. Plus, there's a nice breeze these days. So I enjoy opening up the windows and taking advantage of that, as well.

What have I been up to?

Work :)

What am I dreading?

Nothing to be honest...

What am I working on?

I'm now pulling a handful of Kindergarteners each morning. And I must say... I am thoroughly enjoying it. These little ones are so much fun. They are full of energy. But they are so smart and funny. And let's face it... Between them and the others I teach, I get lots of practice in making the face of the image below ;)

Image may contain: 1 person, meme and text

What am I excited about?

My class is almost whole again. One of my guys will be returning in the next day or so. And then our little "family" will be complete again. And oh my word, y'all... I am so, totally and completely, over the moon excited! Seriously... I get teary eyed every time I think of it. I'm just so excited! :)


What am I watching?


Very little...

What am I reading?

I finally gave up on "Calvin" by F. Bruce Gordon. I was definitely interested/intrigued by the life of Calvin, I did not enjoy the rest of the book. It was full of historical background on life in Europe at the time. Anywho -  This past weekend, I read  "In the Garden of Beasts" by Erik Larson. It was a tough read, due to the emotion-producing content it contained. But it was still a really good book. And now, I'm reading "Aristotle's Children" by Richard Rubenstein. I'm only a little ways in, but so far I'm really liking the book.



What am I listening to?

Nothing new... Any suggestions?

What am I wearing?

It's Spirit Week at school this week. So we're dressing up in different themes each day. Yesterday was Superhero Day. So I chose to go at SuperTeacher ;)



What am I doing this weekend?

I'm going to the Fall Play at my school on Friday night. And then, per my usual, I'll spend Saturday at home in "rest" mode (physical rest and spiritual rest). Then on Sunday, I'll do my usual Sunday Planning for the week ahead in my classroom. And I'll be baking a few dozen cookies at some point, as well, as my contribution to our Youth Group's snack for the week.

What am I looking forward to next month?

I'll be skipping Thanksgiving celebrations. And instead, I will be heading out to village about 8 or 9 hours from us, ministering to people through Bible lessons, songs, skits, puppets, and so much more. My Drama Team is super excited. And while the thought of sleeping on the ground and losing good quality lesson planning time doesn't necessarily thrill me, the thought of a weekend full of ministry like this definitely does thrill me. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for that weekend!

What else is new?


I got one new student 2 weeks ago. And I found out I'm getting yet another new student next semester. Combine that with the ones I already had, and my guy who's returning tomorrow, and we have a full room. It's so exciting to see how God's blessed this class over the years, with such incredible growth! I love it!

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?


What are YOU up to this month?

2 comments:

  1. I want to read In the Garden of Beasts. I've heard really good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. It was a really good one! I didn't want to set it down while reading.

      Delete