Monday, July 27, 2009

A Big To Do List


There were so many things I had to do before leaving for Africa, so I've been checking things off every day from the biggest To Do list I've ever written. Here are just a few things I've checked off my list.

-- Go to Wal-Mart to get supplies...and I did this at least a zillion times (or so it seems), including the 2 1/2 hour long trip and the 1 hour long trip.


-- Go on one last Daddy-Daughter date...We went to see G-Force & to eat dinner at Outback, our favorite place to go together.


-- Spend the day with my mom...We went shopping and to eat lunch at Taco Bell, our favorite place to go together.


-- Spend the day with my "2nd mom" (my Aunt Sandra)...We went to the Peach Park to eat lunch and went window shopping (which is much more fun than shopping for real...you get to save your $$) :)


-- Have a going-away party with my closest friends and family


-- Write letters to each of my kids (from Children's Church)


-- Write letters to my parents and brother and sister-in-law...I'm a letter writer. Can you tell?


-- Send a million or so thank-you notes...at least that's what it seemed like...the lady at the Post Office knew me on a first-name basis after a while :)


-- Get a yellow fever shot...not a fun experience.


-- Start taking anti-malaria meds...It was kind of interesting to see the faces of the pharmacy staff when they saw I needed a year's worth. :)


-- Pack...I was dreading this more than anything. I absolutely positively HATE packing. Therefore, when I had to pack for a year I was dreading it. :)


And I could go on and on... I'm a big list-maker and I love being able to check things off of my to do lists. So, it was almost like a challenge to check different things off this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment