Friday, July 24, 2009

My Parents


Dad -- I'm a daddy's girl, that's for sure. My dad is my hero. He's shown me how a Christian man, husband, and father should act. He's battled cancer and came away with a testimony of healing that will always bring me to tears.

Mom -- My mom's my best friend, and always has been. I've always been able to talk to her about anything. She's given me what I feel to be the best possible example of a Christian woman, wife, and mother. She's overcame a lot in her life and has never waivered in her walk with God.

My parents are truly awesome people. I've been so blessed to have been born into the family I was. I've aways felt this way, but now that the time for me to move to Africa is soon approaching I feel it even stronger. We've always been a very close family, so I know it's going to be hard at times being thousands of miles away from them. However I'll be able to remember what they've always taught me... God is in control. And if God calls you to do work for him (even thousands of miles away from your family) He will take care of you. Plus...God will never put more on you than He knows you can handle.

My prayer for today is... Dear Lord, please help me to make my parents proud. Help me to do what you have called me to do to the best of my ability. And Lord, help me not to miss them so much that I lose sight of what I'm there to do. Help both myself and my parents through the times of sadness and "missings."

No comments:

Post a Comment