Monday, July 27, 2009

July 2009 E-mail


Hi everyone!

Welcome to the July installment of The Elisabeth Chronicles. Since this is the first installment, I thought I’d share my testimony and calling with all of you.

About five years ago God called me to work with the people of Africa…more specifically with the children of Africa. Now at the time I didn’t know exactly where in Africa that’d be, but I knew it would happen. I had just returned from a short mission trip to South Africa and could not get the pictures out of my head. I saw children that were yearning for something greater than food and presents. Sure they enjoyed those things we gave them, but they all wanted more. They wanted to fill the emptiness that was in their hearts. They wanted someone that would be with them forever, someone that would never leave nor forsake them. They wanted to know the love of Jesus Christ. In fact, there was one children’s service held at a village school that we ministered at that I will never forget. In fact there is a moment in that service that is permanently stuck in my mind. The preacher had asked the children if there were any that wanted to ask God into their hearts, to forgive them of their sins, and live with them forever, and at least a hundred children raised their hands, with tears in their eyes, saying yes they wanted to know more about God. They wanted God in their hearts and lives.

That’s when I knew. God wanted me to minister to children like those. And there was a reason that God had me going to college to get an education degree. For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to become a teacher. And now I know that was all part of God’s master plan. In fact, this August I will begin teaching 3rd grade at Dakar Academy in Dakar, Senegal…which is in West Africa. This school is owned by the Assemblies of God, United World Mission, and World Venture (formerly known as Conservative Baptist International). It is a school for the children of missionaries, embassy officials, and others. Along with teaching I will also be working with Assembly of God missionaries, Tom and Marla McLane, in ministering to the people of the local villages.

This is such an awesome opportunity and I feel so incredibly blessed to have been granted the chance to do it. And yes, I will need financial help. The school will furnish housing and a small stipend every month, but not enough to fully live on. But more importantly than the financial help, I’m asking for spiritual help. More than anything I need your prayers. I need men and women praying for me that I’ll say and do the right things…that I’ll go to the right places and minister to the right people…that I’ll continue to do what God wants me to do.
If you would are already supporting me through prayers and through monthly pledges, I thank you. If you are not currently supporting me financially, I ask you to consider this in the future. And please know that any contributions (whether they be monthly pledges or one-time offerings) can be tax-deductable. Just make your check out to Abundant Life Assembly of God (my home church) and they will then turn around and send the money to me and send you a statement at the end of the year showing your tax-deductible gift.

Thank you and God bless,
Elisabeth Nichols
enichols85@gmail.com

Senegal Address:
Elisabeth Nichols, Dakar Academy
B.P. 3189
Dakar, Senegal – West Africa

USA Address:
Abundant Life A/G
P.O. Box 130
Brent, Alabama 35034 – USA

No comments:

Post a Comment