Monday, July 20, 2009

Saying Goodbye to My Kids

Yesterday was especially hard for me. A girl (my possible replacement) came to check out our church. After church one of my kids (a 5 year old adorable boy) came up to her, grabbed her hand, and said I'll show you around our Children's Church room if you come with me. Now, let me first say, that I'm proud that he was so polite and friendly to her. But, I broke down. I started crying right then. And I HATE crying in public...especially in front of my kids. So, I tried sneaking out the back door and going to wait in the car so they wouldn't see me crying. Then, one of my other kids (the 11 year old tender-hearted boy I bring to church every week) saw me crying and came to the car and asked me why I was crying. Therefore, on the way taking him home I explained to him how sad it is for me to leave them and how much I'm going to miss each one of them. This made him cry...which of course made me cry even more.

On Sunday, July 26 I'll say goodbye to my kids (my Children's Church kids). I've watched these kids grow so much in the last year...not only physically, but spiritually and socially. These kids have definitely attached themselves to my heart. And as each day passes I begin missing them more and more. And as bad as I hate it, I know I'll break my no crying in public rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment