Friday, June 7, 2013

The 65th Dear ____ Post - (A.K.A. The "Leavin' on a Jet Plane..." version)

Dear Airplane, I'll be boarding you tonight. And after around 8 hours of flying and a layover in Paris, France, I'll be landing in Washington D.C. and starting a mini vacation with friends that live in the area. I'm so excited for that vacation! Oh my goodness... :)

Dear Paris, I'll be visiting you (...just the airport) for a 4 hour layover tomorrow morning. What will I be doing with my time? After dealing with security, customs, and anything else like that, I'll be getting an overpriced, but nice pain au chocolat for breakfast. There's nothing like eating a yummy French pastry in France :)

Dear Dakar, I'll miss you while I'm gone. Try not to get too ridiculously hot and humid for the people that are here this summer. Give them a little break, ok.

Dear Yearbook, I've been so busy since you came in last week that I haven't had time to look at you. Therefore, you're going to be my first choice of reading on the plane.

Dear Excitement, You're what I feel over the mini vacation I'm taking on my way home. I'm so excited to hang out with friends I haven't seen in a long time and to be able to explore parts of the U.S. I've never seen.

Dear Family, It's weird to know that I'll be landing in the States tomorrow, but won't be seeing you 'til next week. I can't wait to see you though!! :)

Dear President Obama, Since I'll be visiting the city where you work, I think you should let me stop in for a visit. P.S. You're going to be visiting Dakar later this month. When you do, you need to make a stop at a place called N'ice Cream and order the obama flavored ice cream. It's awesome! You won't regret it :)

Dear To Do List, Everything has finally been checked off of you. Now I think I'll take a nap before dinner :)

Dear Goodbyes, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You stink! I didn't realize how hard some of you would be. Boo to goodbyes :(

Dear Life, It's "funny" how you work out sometimes. You bring people and events into our lives that totally change things. Sometimes you're difficult and confusing and even painful. But sometimes... Sometimes, you're refreshing and fun and exciting and full of awesomeness. Life can be a bit of a roller coaster. I'm so thankful for the life God's given me with all the highs, lows, twists, and turns it includes. And I'm looking forward to what's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment