Saturday, June 22, 2013

The 67th Dear ____ Post

Dear Dinner with Friends, I got to enjoy you earlier this week. It was so nice getting together with fellow Africa workers, eating a delicious meal, and being able to spend time chatting and catching up on each other's lives. 

Dear Pumping Gas, I really don't enjoy you. I think it'd be nice if every gas station would offer full service. Boo to that not existing in Alabama.

Dear Monster's University, You're the prequel to the movie, Monster's Inc. and you came out in theaters this weekend. I'm going to see you one day next week. Is it sad that I'm excited about going to see a kid movie? :)

Dear Greensboro, Alabama, You're where I'm headed tomorrow morning to speak. You're also the city where I was born. Talk about going back to your roots :)

Dear Telling People About Senegal and DA, I enjoy you so much. I'm so passionate about the calling God has placed on my life. And it makes me so incredibly happy to share about that calling. 

Dear Dakar, I'm homesick for you. I'm loving my time here and wouldn't trade it for anything, but at the same time, I find myself getting more and more homesick for you...

Dear July, You're going to be my busiest month this summer. I've got services lined up for almost every weekend and many during the week too. I've got three road trips to make, going to three different states. My family's going on vacation towards the end of the month. Right after that is our family vacation. And I've got to fit in shopping for supplies to take back to Dakar with me. ...not to mention spending time with family and friends. Am I going to be super busy? Yes - definitely. But would I trade one minute of it? Nope. I really do love the busy-ness :)

Dear Mulan, I bought you the other day to take back to Dakar with me. Just so you know... You're one of my favorite Disney movies. 

Dear Florala, Alabama. You're where I'm headed next weekend. I still can't believe I've been out of school 10 years now. It'll be nice seeing classmates again, some of which I haven't seen since our high school graduation. 

Dear Eye Doctor and Dentist, I made appointments to visit both of you --- Not having vision or dental insurance isn't that great. Here's hoping that I don't go broke visiting your offices...

Dear Rental Car, I'll be picking you up next Friday. You're going to put a big dent in the balance on my credit card. Boo to that... :(

Dear Paula Deen, Not that my opinion matters all that much, but I'm really disappointed in you. White Southerners already have a bad reputation in other places in the world. So many people assume that because we're white and from the South, we must be racist. ...which is sooo not true. Then you have to go and make a stupid, racist comment and then give, what sounded like, a totally insincere apology afterwards. It makes me sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment