Saturday, June 15, 2013

The 66th Dear _____ Post

Dear Washington D.C. and New York City, I've always dreamed of visiting the two of you and finally got the chance earlier this week. You definitely didn't disappoint. Thanks for providing me with such a fun vacation :)

Dear Embarrassing Story, Oh my word! Do I have a doozy of you! And while I'm talking about it... Dear guy sitting in front of me on my flight from DC to Atlanta, I am so so so sorry. Thanks for being so nice about what happened. 

Dear Daisy (my niece), It's been 6 months since I last saw you. You're now 10 months old but still as cute as ever. I was so worried that you might be shy or think of me as a stranger and not want to come to me at the airport, but it was quite the opposite. You came right to me, giving me the most adorable grin ever, and then laid your sweet head on my shoulder. Can we say melt my heart? Oh my goodness... :)

Dear Coke, You don't taste as good in America.

Dear 3:30 a.m. Wake up Call, You stink. ...especially when it's because someone I love is sick and needing to go to the emergency room.

Dear First Service of the Summer, I have you scheduled for tomorrow morning. It's going to be an extra special one for a few reasons. 1) I always love getting to share my heart for Senegal and for Dakar Academy. 2) It's Father's Day and I'm actually going to be able to be on church with my own dad. 3) I'm speaking at my grandparents' church.  

Dear Driving, I've missed you. It's nice to be able to enjoy you again. ...especially with my iPod plugged in playing the soundtrack of my life :)

Dear Future, I've been thinking quite a bit about you. ...wishing God would fill  me in on you. 

Dear Wishing on a Star, I wish you worked...

Dear Praying Hard, You're what I'm doing about a situation I'm dealing with right now. God is teaching me something and I don't necessarily know what that is yet. But the one thing I do know is that God wants me to spend more time with Him in regards to it. So God, thank you for whatever it is you're teaching me in this. Thank you for always knowing what's best for me, even when I'm confused and impatient. 

Dear Master of Education Diploma, I received you in the mail earlier this week. I'm so thankful for God helping me achieve that. 

Dear Love, It's amazing to me at times just how much of you I can feel about this little cutie. I hate the knowledge that I'll be so far away from my niece for the majority of her life. But I absolutely cherish and adore the time I have with her when I'm here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment