Sunday, August 18, 2013

11 Things About Me

I'm a sucker for surveys, especially at times when I'm bored and killing time before heading to work. So here ya go :)


1. It's your last meal EVER...what are you eating?

I'd be at my mom's table. We'd have huge, awesome grilled hamburgers, twice-baked potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, butter beans, and rolls. Then for dessert we'd have a hershey's chocolate pie (the frozen pre-made kind).

2. Tell me about the last time you felt in awe of something.

It was a couple weeks ago, when I was at General Council and in the missions service. Here we are, thousands and thousands of people, with hands raised, all crying out to God, saying SEND ME. I give of myself COMPLETELY. To see that many people completely giving their all to God, asking Him to use them in whatever capacity that may be, to further His Kingdom. It was amazing!

3. If money were no object, what would you buy for yourself right now? And you CANNOT say you'd buy something for someone else.

1) I'd pay off my student loans. 2) I'd pad my missions account so I could stay on the field forever (well, maybe not forever - but so I'd only have to come back for short trips...no long itineration times)... 3) I'd save the rest for the future. ...wedding, etc. :)

I guess my answers aren't that terribly exciting... I just honestly can't think of anything I need/want that bad right now. Is that sad?

4. What is the most surprising thing you've heard yourself say?

Yesterday I told somebody that I (gasp!) actually like working with teenagers. I never thought I'd say that. Elementary school aged children are my favorite to work with. Big kids (a.k.a. Middle and HIgh School aged kids) have always been slightly scary, or so I thought. Now, I realize they're really not that bad... :)

5. Preferred method of travel? 

Flying for sure. Well, unless it's in the States. Then I love driving. Driving here holds no appeal for me. I'm not a big fan of the "fight for your life with no major rules being followed" type of driving. I know that I can drive here if I needed to. I just choose not to :)

6. What are you reading?

A couple different books... I'm doing a Bible Study on "Made to Crave" with some co-workers. I'm reading "Lady in Waiting" as my personal devo book. Both are looking really good.

7. Like surprises?

I do. It's funny, though. I am bad about asking questions about the end of a book or a movie. So in cases like that, I don't mind the surprises. But in day-to-day life, I love them. Does that make sense?

8. Best and Worst parts of your job?

Best - I get to teach kids from all over the world. I get to, not only teach them English, but also about the love of Jesus. It's such an awesome thing!

Worst - Having to say goodbye to family, having to miss birthdays, kids growing up, anniversaries, deaths, just missing so much... It's definitely the hardest thing about this line of work.

9. Do you see yourself doing the same thing 5 years from now? 10?

While I do definitely see myself still in missions, I don't know that I'll be in the same position in 5 or 10 years from now. Of course, it's all up to God...

10. Favorites...

Food? I love Mexican food! Then a close second to that would be Asian food!
Ice Cream? Chocolate! And if I'm in Dakar, my favorite is obama flavored :)
Soft Drink? caffeine free diet mountain dew
TV Show? Chopped, Army Wives, 19 Kids and Counting, Psych., and more...
Movie? The Notebook

11. Dislikes...

Food? cottage cheese
Ice Cream? I can't think of a kind of ice cream I don't like... :)
Soft Drink? root beer. yuck!
TV Show? There are quite a few...
Movie? Again, quite a few...

Now it's your turn! Pick a question from above and answer it in the comments below...I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment