Sunday, August 25, 2013

The 76 Dear _____ Post

Dear Last Night and The Night Before, You're when I had people over for dinner. I so love getting the chance to have people over AND I love cooking so much more when I know I am cooking for others, and not just for myself.

Dear Kids Club, You're starting back up next month. I can't wait! And the best news of all... I FINALLY found some teachers (and a spouse of a teacher) that are willing to help! Seriously...these ladies (and 1 gentleman) are quite possibly my new favorite people! I'm so grateful for their willingness to help! :)

Dear Teaching ESL, I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of you. I'm not going to lie. You were pretty difficult at first. You made me feel like a first year teacher all over again. You made me feel nervous and scared and worried. But over the past week and a half, I've come to enjoy you. I still miss being an elementary teacher. But, I do enjoy you and I'm grateful for you as my job.

Dear Lebanese Food, Our school is lucky enough to have you delivered twice a week by this amazing chef who specializes in your awesomeness. Deliveries started back this past Wednesday. You could totally hear happy cheers at lunch time :)

Dear Duck Dynasty, Season 4 of you came out last week. Let the awesome Cajun hilariousness begin :)

Dear Best Prayer Ever, A parent prayed you for me the other day. It was a sweet prayer, thanking God for me coming to DA and asking God to bless me in my work and ministry here. But the best part was at the end when he said, and I quote, "God send Miss Nichols a husband. Send him today God!" After I recovered from the shock of having just heard that prayer, I said "well, all right then" and smiled. I mean, what do you say to that? :)

Dear Bride and Prejudice, I watched you tonight with some friends. You're the first Bollywood movie I've ever watched. And I must say... You were quite hilarious. Thanks for the laughs :)

Dear Humidity, You've been pretty high here in Dakar. Feel free to lower yourself any day now...

Dear God, Thanks for loving me, for always being with me, for being in control of my life, and for always having my best interests at heart. Thanks for knowing what I need when I need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment