Thursday, August 8, 2013

Currently

I'm currently realizing that as of 2 days ago, I'm 28 years old. I'm so old!

I'm currently happy for all this time spent with my Mama. Yay for a road trip with my best friend! :)

I'm currently thinking it's cool that the Assemblies of God will be turning 100 years old next year! How cool is that?!

I'm currently believing for a miraculous answer to an unspoken prayer request. I can't give details at the moment, but I thought that any of my faithful blog readers who are pray-ers could help me in praying for this situation. Our God is in the miracle business, so I know He can handle it. Thanks! :)

I'm currently remembering the statement Jeanne Mayo made during Monday night's service. "I hope that I'm being Jesus in skin." That's my hope too. How many of us, Christians, are really being "Jesus in skin?" 

I'm currently LOVING being at General Council! Seriously... The services have been AMAZING so far! I'm getting to see people I haven't seen in a long time, getting to see friends and co-workers, and getting to hang out with my Mama all the while. I am so glad I was able to come this year!

I'm currently rereading my notes from George Wood's sermon Tuesday night. Oh my word! ...such an anointed sermon and incredible presence of the Holy Spirit.

I'm currently loving being a part of this organization, being a part of something bigger than me, and most importantly, being a part of fulfilling the Great Commission. I love that God called me to this line of work. I love that God has equipped me with the training to do what he's called me to do. I love that God believes in me enough to trust me with that calling.

I'm currently waiting to Skype my niece to wish her a Happy Birthday. It's crazy to think that she's already a year old! Yay for technology and a brother willing to indulge my mom's and my desire to see Daisy on her birthday, even if we're a few hundred miles away :)

And on a much less serious note...

I'm currently (FINALLY) growing out my fingernails. I realize this isn't that big of a deal for most people, but y'all... I've gone about 3 weeks without biting my fingernails. And anyone that knows me well at all knows that this is a huge thing for me! :)

I'm currently drinking peach soda and feeling a teensy bit sad that it doesn't exist in Dakar. Boo to that :(

I'm currently realizing that in a little over 48 hours, I'll be boarding the plane for the first leg of my flight back to Dakar.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, Elisabeth! Sounds like you had a really special one--hope your time with your mama is wonderful. When do you head back to Dakar? Thinking of all of you starting the school year, and feeling homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle! My week with my mom was so nice. I definitely enjoyed it! I leave tomorrow going back to Dakar. When does school start for you? How are you feeling about your new job? I "stole" some ideas from your post on organizing and binders and stuff to use in my classroom. I figure a new position is a fresh start at FINALLY being organized :)

    ReplyDelete