Saturday, August 17, 2013

The 75th Dear ____ Post

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for my job. Thank you for the chance to do what I love to do. Thank you for calling me to a profession where I'd actually enjoy going to work every day. Thank you for the boys and girls that I've been able to call my students. Thank you for the funny stories, the "teachable moments," the sweet spirits, and the loving ways. Thank you for the lessons they have taught me. Thank you for the ways they've challenged me to be a better teacher - to be the best I could be. Thank you for the parents that have given me the honor of teaching their children. Thank you for their support and encouragement (and constructive criticism too). And Jesus, thank you for bringing me to a Christian school. Thank you for the freedom to tell the boys and girls in my class about YOU. Thank you for the freedom to post Scripture verses on the wall in a child's native language who may have never seen that before. Thank you for the freedom to answer students' questions about you. Thank you for the freedom to pray with my students and their families, without fear of persecution. Thank you for the guidance, the discernment you've given me over the years - to know how to work my very hardest to meet the needs of each and every student. Thank you for loving each of "my kids" far more than I could. Thank you for making them "mine." Thank you for teaching me to love them. Thank you for these precious gifts.

And now Jesus, I pray for each and every one of my students - whether I am currently teaching them or not. I pray that you flood their soul with your awesomeness. Jesus, I pray that you'll meet each of their needs. And more than that, Jesus, I pray for their souls. Whether they're from a Christian home, a M*slim home, or any other religious background, I pray that they see the love of you. I pray that the TRUTH of the ONE true God penetrates their hearts in a way that only you can do. I pray that those of us around them will show them the Light. I pray that we will show them the love of you. I pray that I will show them the love of you. I pray that I am a good witness. I pray that I am sensitive to the leading of your precious Holy Spirit at all times. And Jesus I pray that you will work in every situation any of them may be going through. I pray that your love will be so overwhelmingly evident to them, that they have no choice but to turn to you.

And Jesus, lastly, I pray that you'll give me strength to handle whatever situations I'm put in, in regards to school. I pray that I'll handle any situation with grace and humility and with respect. I pray that you will help me to be not just a good teacher and role model, but a good Christian example. I pray that I will show YOU - not me - in all I do.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment