Friday, December 19, 2014

ABCs

I...

...set my alarm for super early this morning since I needed to make a Walmart run before work. I will so NOT miss setting that alarm these next couple weeks! 

...am so blessed by my job. God definitely knew what He was doing when He placed me in that position.

...went to my parents' church dinner Wednesday night. Yum!

...will definitely enjoy not having to set my alarm for super early the next two weeks! That will definitely make me a happy lady :)


...enjoyed hearing one child sing part of Jingle Bells this week. To think that this child was almost completely non-verbal when she started school this year, and now she's doing this. Yep, I totally teared up on that one.

...will get to see a friend over Christmas Break that I haven't seen in a few years! I can't wait!

...brought goodies to share with my kids at our party this morning. Seeing their little faces lights up was awesomeness :)

...am so happy that we're getting paid today! Woohoo!!

...am intrigued by the disabilities my students have been diagnosed with. I'd love to know meow about each of my babies, and what makes them "tick."

...am slightly jealous of my parents who got to see my nieces yesterday and will be able to see them again today :)

...love the Hershey's kisses with almonds. They're my favorite!

...am looking forward to our family Christmas get-together this coming Sunday. This will be the time when my dad and all of his siblings and their kids all get together for delicious food, presents, and spending time together.

...miss being able to make my weekly run to Sonic on Fridays. But when I went by the other day, I saw that it'd been totally demolished. I'm not sure what happened.

...think there's nothing sweeter than the laughter of a child. I love it!

...ordered a chef salad from a church fundraiser this week and it was delivered yesterday. Oh my word - It was so delicious!

...wore pajamas to school on Wednesday in honor of Polar Express day in the Special Ed. classes at my school. I personally think we should make every day Pajama Day. Who's with me :)


...am looking forward to quiet time over the break.

...love reading the Facebook statuses of one of my cousins who got an awesome Christmas gift this year. You can almost feel her happiness coming through the computer screen.

...started a To Do List for my Christmas Break of the work-related things I want to finish while I actually have the time to do so. 

...think the item above is probably a little sad :)

...don't understand certain things in this world. I was faced with a certain issue today and was just completely blown away at the ridiculousness of the adults involved. It's just sad.

...think non-verbal children can teach is a lot. Creativity, patience, acceptance, love and so on and so on. And I must say - The challenge that comes in working with them is honestly one of my favorite tasks at work! P.S. Have I mentioned lately that I love my job? 

...on Wednesdays, go to my parents' church as I wouldn't have time to get to my own church on time after work -mk  especially now that we end up having a faculty meeting every Wednesday afternoon.

...was eXcited to participate in the Secret Santa thing at work. We drew names and the brought our person a $1 gift on Tues., Wed., and Thurs., and then we're bringing the "big" $20 gift today. I love shopping for others, so that part was fun :)

...had so many kids yelling Merry Christmas to me as they were getting in their cars to go home. I loved it!

...am ready to catch up on my Zzzz's during Christmas Break. Sleeping late and taking naps, here I come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment