Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The first ABC's Post of December

I...

...attended the Navy vs South Alabama football game last week with my dad. What a fun time we had! 

...brought home an unwelcome souvenir from my vacation. I have a nasty cold - coughing, headache... It's lovely. Let me tell ya.

...cherish this time with my parents. After hearing of so many deaths recently, it really makes me thankful for the family I still have with me.

...spent the day with my aunt on Sunday. She went to church with me and then we went to lunch and ran a few errands together. I so love this woman!

...expected to be tired on Monday. After all, it was my first day back after Thanksgiving Break. But boy, the tiredness I felt far exceeded my expectations!

...wish my friend, Erin, all the best as she flies back to Senegal today. I look forward to hearing great things from her, and the rest of the team, of how God's working through them, reaching the Wolof of Senegal.

...have a few more gifts to buy for Christmas. I'm contemplating just going online and buying them. I like shopping, but I hate the crowds!

...think the handicapped accessible options at South Alabama's stadium need a lot of work. I think the employees at the stadium need a lot of work too. The facilities and staff were pretty crummy if you ask me. I was surprised at just how much so. But hey, at least the game was good.

...am interested in buying a pair of boots. And I've been looking around, trying to find some, but it's proving to be more difficult than I thought it'd be.

...love jewelry, but I don't wear it often. Maybe I should change that. Hmm...

...am thankful for Kleenex, especially so this week :)

...think losing your voice is one of the worst possible illnesses a teacher could face. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but if things progress like they are at the moment, I might.

...have been thinking about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Every year at Christmas time, I think the same thing. I wonder what she thought. I wonder if she was scared. I wonder how a young teenage mom, such as herself, faced such a humbling, but also monumental birth...

...never imagined how tired I'd be at the end of the day, each day, this week. Oh my word. I so think we should have a required nap time every day :)

...tend to overanalyze things. 

...purchased a new Bible last week. I just thought it was time. I'm starting a new "chapter" in my life. So why not get a new Bible, too? 

...quizzed some of my students on  number recognition the other day. You wouldn't believe how hard this, seemingly, simple skill is for some kids. 

...am working on my resolutions for the new year. My goal is to really spend time in careful thought and prayer, and to come out of this time with resolutions that are positive/beneficial for me.

...wish cough syrup tasted better. It's bad enough that I'm sick and coughing, but then I have to choke down this disgusting tasting medicine too! Yuck!

...am twenty-nine. How is that possible?! Shouldn't I still be a kid with no cares in the world?

...am using the children's book, The Day The Crayons Quit, as the basis of a unit of Reading lessons with all of my students. 

...was so glad for my vacation. I definitely needed it! 

...wrote a fun blog post recapping the Navy game I attended with my dad the other day. What a fun time we had!

...always eXamine the small print on packaging and paperwork. After all, it's better to be safe than sorry.

...can't believe this year is almost over. It seem like just yesterday that we were ringing on the new year.

...often use a zester to grate cheese. It makes the cheese pieces even smaller and they melt much faster. So it's a win win :)

No comments:

Post a Comment