Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas ABCs

I...

...definitely anticipate Christmas Break. 2 weeks off from work, and more importantly my alarm clock, is pure bliss :)

...love buying gifts for family and friends. It brings me such incredible joy getting to buy for and give to others.

...love Christmas carols. And yes, I do listen to them all year long :)

...drink hot chocolate a little more than usual during Christmas time. Is there anything better than a nice hot cup of peppermint hot chocolate? :)

...always shop early due to the madness of stores this time of year.

...am not a fan of the madness that hits stores this time of year. Have you been in a Walmart around Christmas time lately? Oh my word! It's crazy!

...love wrapping gifts. I always have. It is one of the few creative skills I have.

...am happy to be with my family this year for the entire Christmas season, and not just for a couple weeks like I had the past 5 years.

...am incredibly blessed to be able to experience all of this and try not to take any of it for granted.

...miss hearing Joyeux Nöel. 

...know that my mom and I will be making all sorts of Christmas goodies and I can't wait. The goodies are great, but the time spent with my Mama is the best part!

...love looking at Christmas lights! There's just something about those bright, colorful lights that brings a smile to my face. I love it!

...am missing not getting to see the DA Drama Team's Christmas Presentation this year. 

...need nothing more than family and my Jesus to make me happy this year :)

...order quite a few of my Christmas gifts online. But if I can I like to go to the store because I really do like buying them in person more. 

...think Polar Express is a fun movie. Even if I'm not Santa's biggest fan, I can't totally enjoy the fun in this movie :)

...question the need for so many business to be open on Christmas. Why can't your workers enjoy the day off with their families too?!

...focus more on the REAL reason for Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ. 

...have never been a big Santa supporter. I have no problem with others doing the whole Santa thing, and I'll never knock someone's beliefs in the man, but it's just not for me...

...take a zillion and one photos during Christmas. It's so nice capturing those memories :)

...have never been to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. 

...like the version of 12 Days of Christmas sang by Straight No Chaser the best. 

...love watching Christmas movies. Elf is definitely my favorite - followed closely behind by the Charlie Brown Christmas movie :)

...eXpect many naps, long chats with my mom, Christmas movies with my dad, and lots of Christmas goodies to be present in my Christmas Break :)

...am considering making a yulelog this year. My parents and I watched a show where they showed how they were made and now it's got me wanting to make one. 

...don't zoom through opening my presents. I'd rather take my time and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment