Friday, January 23, 2015

4 on Friday



1. We had an assembly yesterday to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Selma Teachers' March for Civil Rights.


Did you know that in January 1965, a group of teachers in Selma, AL marched from Clark Elementary to the Dallas Co. Courthouse? They deserved the right to vote and they chose to march to peacefully fight for that right. And what'd they get in return? ...pokes with a cattle prod, beatings, trips to jail, and pure hatred.

2. My oldest niece is a ham for the camera. Lately she's began to love taking "pish-ers." Proof? See below :)


3. I saw a post about a Christian Comedy Cruise the other day. I checked it out. It seems pretty cool. Who wants to go on a cruise in June? :)


4. A friend posted some Senegal pictures on FB the other day and it made me a bit homesick. I so miss living in Senegal :(

No comments:

Post a Comment