Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello January!


Hello January 2015! You arrived today and are kicking off a new year. I'm looking forward to seeing what all you, and the other 11 months will hold.

So what am I saying Hello to this month? I'm saying Hello to...

1. The Serenity Prayer


While planning my New Year's Resolutions, I kept thinking about the Serenity Prayer. And after some thought and prayer, I felt God leading me to make this a big part of my new year. So as of today, I'm going to make this my prayer. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. 

2. Earlier Wake-Up Time


I'm making a conscientious decision to wake up earlier every day. I need to spend more time in prayer and in the Word. I'm missing that intense relationship I once had with my Savior. I feel like I've gotten complacent in my spiritual life... I pray. I read and study the Word. I go to church. I live a Christian life. But I feel as if I'm doing just the bare minimum. God deserves more. So I'm choosing to wake up earlier in the mornings to have more time at the beginning of my day to devote to God.

3. Less Time Online


I'm planning to start spending far less time online. I'm required to do a certain amount of work online throughout the day, so when I get home, I'd like to "unplug," so to speak. I'm not giving it up completely. But don't be surprised if you don't hear back from me right away :)

4. Becoming a better blogger


I love to write on my blog. It's one of the few creative bones I have in my body. But I want to become a better blogger. I want to write more, using real, interesting content and less randomness. Now, that's not to say that the occasional random posts won't show up. But I plan to be more conscientious about what I do post.

So what are you saying Hello to this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment