Saturday, January 17, 2015

Thoughts on a Saturday


There's a lot on my mind today. So I thought I'd do one big list style post than a bunch of little posts.

What's on my mind?

1. Je suis Baga. (*I am Baga.)


I recently wrote about my thoughts on the recent attacks by the terrorist group, Boko Haram, in Nigeria. This is still heavy on my heart. I just can't get past the thought of over 2000 people dying and the majority of the world's media either turning a blind eye to it or choosing not to cover it. It's sad.

2. Movement = Pain


It hurts to walk...to breathe...to hiccup...to cough...to move...to do anything. My doctor said I definitely pulled a muscle in my side and possible slightly tore it too. Seriously... It's the most painful experience of my life. Wow!

3. Driven to Distraction


I'm reading this book. I bought it a while back, but just haven't had time to read it 'til now. Considering this is something I encounter quite a bit in my line of work, I thought it'd be a good read. My favorite quote so far... 

"...many people who have ADD are very smart. It's just that their smartness gets tangled up inside."

4. Eating Healthy


I've always loved fresh fruits and veggies.  At times I even think I could be a vegetarian. ...until I see a steak, that is :)

Anyways, since starting the Daniel Fast a couple weeks ago I've been eating even more fruits/vegetables. I have been amazed at how much better I've felt, how clearer my skin has looked, and even how much more energy I've had. I love it!

5. One Day by Matisyahu


I love this song. I'm so tired of all the hate and fighting in the world! I'm so tired of religions fighting each other...for races fighting each other...for nationalities fighting each other...for countries fighting each other...for people fighting each other. Why do people hate other people? I just don't get it...

My favorite part of the song is this...

"Sometimes in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know some day it'll all turn around because...
All my life I've been waiting for
I've been praying for
For the people to say
That we don't wanna fight no more
There will be no more wars
And our children will play
One day..."


No comments:

Post a Comment