Friday, January 9, 2015

ABCs

I...

...bought almond milk for the first time the other day. It's not as good as regular milk. But it does actually taste pretty decent. I think I'd rather have the sweetened version over the unsweetened one I have now, though :)

...was blessed to receive a sweet, surprise package in the mail from a former co-worker. 

...am counting down the days 'til MLK's birthday. Why? I get the day off from work, of course :)

...finally downloaded a Bible app on my phone. How have I not done this already?!

...haven't experienced cold like this in a long, long time. 


...have un-friended a few people on Facebook recently. I just don't understand the point in all the posts full of profanity. Can you not get your point across without cursing? I don't understand.

...am so grateful for a good heater on these cold mornings (and evenings) when I'm heading to/from work.

...really hate watching the news sometimes. There's so much hate and violence out in the world right now. It's so rare to hear of anything good happening in the world anymore. 

...am incredibly happy to have a dryer again. It's so nice to throw my clothes in it on these cold mornings. And then, Voila! I have warm clothes when I go to work! Not to mention, not having to walk up 3 flights of stairs to the roof to do laundry :)

...was listening to Jason Gray's song, Remind Me Who I Am the other day and it gave me the inspiration for a new blog post. It's such a great song. I love it!

...was happy to see "my kids" on Tuesday. Breaks are always nice, but I do love what I do, and thankfully I have a good group of kiddos to work with :)

...love my job. The good days with sweet kids, their adorable Good mornings every day, those sweet smiles, and those ridiculously hard working attitudes totally make up for the insane amount of paperwork and the bad days :)

...dreamed last night that I was at the mall in Dakar with some friends, having lunch at the "food court." 

...have gotten to see my nieces twice this week already, and will get to see them again tomorrow. That makes this Zizzie's heart happy :)



...owe a lot to my parents. When I think of all they've done for me, I realize there's no way I could ever pay them back. 

...pulled a muscle in my side. And apparently this muscle controls my entire body. I mean, it must since the slightest movement has me almost in tears. Oh my word! This has been painful! 

...love my quiet time in the mornings. It's nice to have

...am reading The Daniel Plan by Rick Warren and am working through the accompanying journal/devotional too, while participating in the Daniel Fast. This book is good. I would highly recommend it!

...had my students write one New Year's Resolution for this upcoming semester of school. I love teaching my kids to set goals for themselves and figure out how they can work to achieve those goals. By giving them ownership of the situation, the likelihood of them achieving the goals is so much higher. And in the end, they're happy so I'm happy :)

...think it'd be awesome to be rich. Just sayin' :)

...u

...had to visit the vet with my dog last week. The poor thing had a growth on her eyelid that had to be removed. I was a nervous wreck the whole time, but thankfully everything went well!

...love watching NCIS. However being incredibly lazy and watching an all day long NCIS marathon while on Christmas Break probably wasn't the best idea. The crazy dreams were proof of that.

...am eXpecting a miracle in a certain area of my life. I know God's heard my prayer. Now I will just wait for Him to answer, eXpecting the miracle He's promised. 

...took my old yearbook with me to my friend's house a couple weeks ago. It was fun to look through it and reminisce about when we were teaching together and to see how far our former students have come since then.

...am planning to zip home after work today since my two favorite girls are going to be there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment