Tuesday, October 11, 2016

It's Tea Time Y'all

It's time for another Coffee Tea Date. 


What's a Coffee Tea Date? It's a bi-monthly link-up, hosted by Erin and Amber, where bloggers pretend they're on an imaginary coffee date with a friend and sharing stories about work, family, life, or anything else that's going on in our life.

But as usual, I scratch out coffee and replace it with tea, because coffee's gross :)

Image result for choose tea not coffee

So sit back, grab a cup of tea, and join the conversation...

If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that I'm so tired of the political mess in the U.S. I'm tired of hearing about Trump and Hillary. I'm tired of hearing people who call themselves Christian being so hateful toward one another when it comes to this election. I'm tired of all the lies being spouted off by both sides. And I'm sad... I'm sad that, in my opinion, we really just do not have a good choice for president this year. 

Image result for presidential election meme i don't want to vote

If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that I feel like I can never get caught up. I may or may not have enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing Saturday. And while it was indeed nice, I paid for it on Sunday and will continue paying for it this week as I work every single free moment to stay ahead. This meme says it all...

Image result for i'm caught up said no teacher ever

If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that I've been drinking water like it's going out of style. I'll have an occasional glass of coke with dinner, but even that's rare. And do you know what's helping me stay on track? ...keeping this little beauty I picked up at TJ Maxx this summer full of ice water all day long.

Displaying IMG_8597.JPG

If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that 8 years ago today, I gained the title of sister-in-law. I remember watching my brother as he saw his bride walking down the aisle. I remember seeing the love in his eyes and being so incredibly proud of and happy for him. My brother and sister-in-law were definitely meant for each other. They compliment each other so well. If one day I have even half the love the two of them share, I'll be happy.


If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that my 5th graders have been begging to have debates in class. I'd tell you that I warned them it will not be just a simple argument from each side of the topic. Rather, it'll involve research, reading, writing, and public speaking. I'd also tell you that none of that bothered them and they were so incredibly excited when I told them we'd spend the next 2 weeks on this. And I'd tell you that the best part of this is that it corresponds with the upcoming unit in our Reading/Grammar/Writing unit. The timing absolutely could not have been better.

Image result for debates in class

If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that it's so hot here right now. And it's not just the heat. It's also the humidity. It's so uncomfortable. Just sayin'...

Image result for it's too hot  meme

If we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that I first saw this graphic a while back, but it's always stuck with me. It's such an important reminder in eduction. What's fair for one may not be fair for all. You can't judge every animal by how it climbs a tree. How would that be fair?!

Image result for special education

And lastly, if we were on a tea date, I'd tell you that a friend shared this door decoration on Facebook the other day and I liked it so much that I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my own classroom. How fun is this?!

Displaying IMG_8547.JPG

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get better at drinking enough water every day and the vessel I'm drinking out of totally makes a difference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I am. Plus, for some reason, if I'm using a straw, I'll drink far more water.

      Delete