Friday, October 21, 2016

Quirks = Awesomness

Tuesday was busy and then I had other thoughts on my blogging mind Wednesday. Yesterday was super busy. So I'm finally joining Andrea's Show and Tell Tuesday link-up. 

This week's prompt was...

Share about the quirks and other little things that make you, YOU.

Image result for yes I'm quirky


* One *



I have a truly horrible memory when it comes to most books and movies. I can read a book or watch a movie and forget it shortly thereafter. That's why I don't mind reading the same books and watching the same movies over and over again.

But with that said... I can read a book for school (either as a student or a teacher) and I can remember it just fine. As for movies... I can totally remember and quote Sweet Home Alabama like nobody's business :) 

I know that seems strange. But it's true.

* Two *




I can remember names and dates better than anything. If I find out your name, I'll never forget it. If you tell me your birthday once, I'll never forget it. 

That worked well back in History class in school :)

* Three *

Image result for i'm a procrastinator meme

I'm a big ol' procrastinator. Seriously... I will wait 'til the last possible minute to get a job done. And honestly, 9.99999 times out of 10, that works out really well for me. So there ya go :)

* Four *Image result for meme hearing people chew

I can't stand to hear someone chew. And crunching on ice? Oh my word... That's the worst!

* Five *

Image result for i hate jello

I have issues with the texture of certain foods. Jello, cottage cheese, yogurt with fruit pieces in it, anything even remotely slimy... Ugh! I'm shuddering now. Seriously, I can't even handle writing about it right now. It's gross. It's disgusting. Yuck!

* Six * 

Image result for communicating in another language

I am by no means fluent in French, but I do know enough to get by pretty well at stores, restaurants, church, etc. But if I'm with people who speak better than me, I freeze up and let them take control. I get embarrassed to speak. The same goes for any words/phrases I know in other languages. If I'm around someone who is more fluent than me, I freeze up. I'm so afraid of making a mistake. I want to be perfect before I communicate with them. It's THEIR language, after all. I don't want to mess up. 

And yes, I do realize these 6 (and oh so many more) quirks make me so very weird. But that's okay. After all, it's the quirks that make me awesome. Right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment