Thursday, October 27, 2016

Q & A

Are you a daydreamer? 

big time

When is your next vacation?

We have a couple off days in November for part of Thanksgiving Break. So I'm having a stay-cation. Does that count? If not, then my next vacation will be Christmas Break in sweet home Alabama :)

What was your last google search?

"th" articulation activities ...which, by the way, are really really hard to find. I mean, you can find all sorts of activities for younger kids. But older ones? Not so much.

What's on the menu for today?

Breakfast - Peach Applesauce
Lunch - Pepperoni & cheese sandwich and red peppers w/ranch
Supper - Taco Soup

What's the last thing you baked?

I haven't baked in what seems like forever. But I'm totally planning to make up for that tonight. I'm planning to make some Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars and I also promised my kids I'd make them some Chocolate Chip cookies. So I'm planning to make some with only chocolate chips and some with both chocolate chips and pecans. Yum! 

Procrastinate? Or get the job done right away?

I'm totally a procrastinator. I know it's bad, but I due my best work in a crunch.

When's the last time you spoke a foreign language?

I got one of my students to teach me how to sign "Go Cubs" today :)

If you had to give up chocolate for one month, could you do it?

Yep. Although the lack of good, chocolate ice cream would be sad :)

Finish this sentence. I sometimes wish _____.

...life were easier. Of course, then life would probably be boring :)

Heard any good quotes lately? 

Image result for inspirational teacher quotes good teachers

It's the World Series this week. Who have you been cheering for?

Since I didn't have any "emotional ties" to either team, I chose to root for the Cubs. ...mostly because they're the underdogs and because it'd be so amazing for them to win after such a long non-winning streak!

What are 3 negatives about your job?

1. the constant "goodbyes"
2. being away from my family
3. Teaching is HARD.

Now, what are 3 positive about your job?

1. I'm helping to further the Kingdom of God. That's HUGE!
2. the challenge of teaching
3. (the biggest positive) the kids

Got any advice for someone going into your line of work?

Be flexible. 
Think outside the box. 
Advocate for the kids who need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment