Saturday, October 15, 2016

Q & A

What's on the agenda for today?

I'm at school. My students had a basketball game this morning. So I came to watch it. And after I publish this post, I'll do some work in my classroom for a few hours. 


How's your week gone so far?

Umm, I posted this on Facebook on Tuesday. Does that explain? :)




No... In all seriousness, it really hasn't been that bad. 


What were you doing 20 years ago?


I was 11 and in the 6th grade, about to move from Alabama to Louisiana. There were so many changes that year (home, friends, school, church, life, so much...).


Besides God, what has brought you the most joy in the past 5 years?


That's easy. My nieces :)





How are you different today from yourself 5 years ago?

I think I'm more confident in myself. I know I'm a far better teacher. I've faced difficult moments and decisions, and I rose above pain and heartache. I've drawn closer to God. I've gained new friends and learned just how valuable friendship truly is.

What's one good thing that's happened to you this week?

Well, among other things... 

The A/C in my classroom started back working. I'd say that's a good thing :)

Watch any good Youtube videos lately?

My students absolutely positively LOVE the Kid President videos. This is one of his newer ones. I think everyone could learn a lesson or two from this one.




If you could have been with Jesus at the time He performed one of His miracles, which would it have been? Why?

This one's tough. It's hard to pick just one... I'd probably pick the feeding of the 5,000. I would have loved to have sat there and listened to Him speak. And then of course I would have loved to see Him work His amazing miraculous power in feeding the crowd of people.

What quality do you value most in your closest friends?

honesty

Heard any good quotes lately?

"If we teach today's students as we taught yesterday's, we rob them of tomorrow." - John Dewey

What's the most challenging thing about being single?

loneliness

Would you consider yourself to be more shy or outgoing?

I'm usually shy until I get to know someone. Then I open up.

What is one of the biggest lessons you've learned in the past year?

Sometimes God changes our callings. It may be for a short season. It may be for a long time. But it doesn't really matter how long it is. It's all about trusting in Him.

What are you most passionate about when it comes to your job?

teaching those society casts aside - removing ridiculously stereotypical unnecessary labels - challenge the concept of "can't learn" - promoting the idea that fair is not always equal - differentiation in the classroom - making my classroom a safe, encouraging, fun environment in which each and every student can learn - making sure my students feel encouraged, loved, valued, and educated

No comments:

Post a Comment