Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Currently

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly Currently link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives.

Each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

Want to see my Currentlys for...

* anticipating * going * making * watching * wearing *


I'm currently anticipating a good amount of productivity on Saturday. I'm making plans to not work in my classroom the following weekend, since our school is participating in a big softball tournament and I plan on supporting our students/staff by attending games. So that means I need to work extra hard this Saturday. And my goal is to spend the whole day in my classroom, prepping for the next two weeks AND working ahead on my own assignments (as a student) as well.  So if you need to find me on Saturday, you'll most likely be able to find me at my home away from home :)

I'm currently going through a new Bible study method with my students, as we work through our unit on the Major/Minor Prophets. I've thoroughly enjoyed this unit, in general. But when I found this simple printout to use with kids, studying certain Bible verses/passages, I thought my crew would enjoy it as well. And I was right. They did :)




I'm currently making plans to make shepherd's pie at some point this weekend. I've never made it before. I'm going to use this recipe, but tweak it a bit, based on the ingredients I have on hand and/or available here in Dakar. I'm thinking about blogging the recipe (if it turns out tasty). Wish me luck :)



Shepherd's pie being served onto a white plate.

I'm currently watching nothing. But earlier in the week, I saw this Ted Talk video, "Every Kid Needs A Champion," by Rita Pierson making its rounds on Facebook. I've seen it before, but watched it again. Y'all... If you're a teacher or if you know a teacher or if you're just a good-hearted person who loves working with kids, watch this video. It's a good one.



I'm currently wearing a lovely shade of red on my skin, thanks to my inability to remember to apply sunscreen last Saturday, while watching softball. 

And since it's my blog, and I can...

I'm adding a few more Currentlys.

I'm currently thinking that my answers to this month's Currently prompts were a bit lame. But my brain is so tired at the moment that I don't think I could've come up with much better :)
Image result for meme so tired

I'm currently ignoring my mountain of a To Do List because the daunting length of it is... Well, daunting. Anyone else like me? 

I'm currently feeling grateful for my job and all I get to do. I get to do what God's called me to do. I get to daily see my WHY being answered. 

Related image

So what about you?
What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE shepherd's pie!! Thank you for the reminder that I need to add it to our dinner list next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you indeed have a very productive Saturday! Sometimes I love being in the office at times that nobody else is there, because it feels like stolen time when you get to work in the quiet, and just get a bunch done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Me too! That's why I don't mind doing my lesson planning/prep on Saturdays, because it's so quiet around here. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you overcame the "daunt" and posted! That TED talk is one of my favorites. I haven't seen it in a while and am looking forward to watching it again. I thank God for teachers. You guys are amazing! I hope you made a lot of progress in your classroom yesterday. Have a great week!

      Delete