Friday, February 8, 2019

This Week's Top 5

Happy Friday, Y'all

Related image

Here's my Top 5 Favorites from this week.

~ one ~

One of my younger kiddos needed a bit of extra practice on her spelling/vocabulary words. So we broke out the dry erase markers and wrote on the tabletop. She loved it! She even said it was her favorite activity we've done yet. Ha! And I loved finding a simple activity that helped her learn her information a little better.


~ two ~


Anyone who's observed my teaching style for any length of time can usually tell that I'm a big fan of controlled chaos. Well, this kind of "chaos" is my favorite... My students finally finished up a big research project they'd been working on. At one point yesterday afternoon, they were spread out all over the classroom. They were happily chatting while they worked, with music playing softly in the background. So it was definitely noisy. But you know what... They were all working. And this is just one of the many things I love about my job!



~ three ~

And speaking of that project, check out this poster that one of my guys did. I'll share more details on the actual assignment later. But his choice of assignment was to do a presentation on a certain person. And for one part of it, he chose to make a fake Facebook profile page for his person. How cool is that? ;)


~ four ~

 I'd promised my crew that we could play educational games today as a reward for finally finishing their big research project. They had worked so incredibly hard on it. They definitely deserved the "break." So, one of my guys picked Rummikub. Y'all... This game has become a definite favorite of all of my students. And I'm seeing how they're getting better and better at it, each time they play. This game is so good for a classroom setting. It's educational, due to it dealing with adding and counting. It's good for number and color recognition. It's good for fine motor skills (have you ever tried picking up those little tiles). And it's good for conversation skills, too. Plus, it's just a fun game to play. So it benefits everyone :)


 ~ five ~

I love watching my students interacting with one another, helping each other out, whether that be studying for a test or whatever else... It does my heart good to see them working together so well.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their names to and join in on the fun.





And I'm also joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their 5 on Friday linkup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment