Monday, February 18, 2019

February 2019's Coffee Date

Happy Monday Everybody

Today, I'm sharing my monthly Coffee Date post.

The Coffee Date series was started by Erin from Erin Salmon Writes, as a fun blogging exercise each month. And while, Erin doesn't actually host the Coffee Date link-ups anymore, I still think it is fun to share my own Coffee Date post each month. The premise of these Coffee Date posts was, and it still is, for me to pretend that I am on a coffee date with you, my reader, as a friend, and we are chatting about anything on our mind at the moment.

So with that said...

Grab a cup of coffee (or whatever) and let's settle in for a chat.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I got to sleep 'til 7:00 this morning. And while that may not seem like much, it's a whole extra hour and thirty minutes for me. So yay for a day off from school! :)

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I'm at the ball field today for the third and final day of a big, annual softball tournament here in town. I'd also tell you that baseball is probably my most favorite sport to watch. And since we don't have baseball here, I'll happily settle for softball. ...especially if our students are playing. It's definitely much more enjoyable that way.


If we were on a coffee date, I would also tell you that it was a chilly and windy, and in the low-70s most of the weekend. And yes, the majority of us were all sitting there, bundled up in hoodies, scarves, and blankets. It was cold!

Image may contain: people sitting and outdoor
My fleece BAMA throw came in handy this past weekend!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my students did an awesome job on presenting their big research projects the other day. I was so proud of all the hard work they put into them. What an incredible group of kids we have!

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing and shoes

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I love finding bits of beauty (and green) in the midst of dry, dusty Senegal. There's always so much dirt and dust everywhere. So when I see beautiful flowers like these, it makes me smile :)

Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my brother's birthday was a few days ago. It's hard to believe that we're both in our early 30s now. How is that even possible?! Weren't we just in elementary school?! :)

Image may contain: Josh Nichols and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, beard and eyeglasses

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that Spring Break is the first two weeks of April. I'd tell you that I've been totally daydreaming about treating myself to a mini vacation getaway during our school Break (2 weeks!!) and going somewhere/doing something. However, I feel the need to be practical and save my money and not spend it on a vacation (which is more likely, knowing me). 

Hmm... Decisions, decisions :)

Anywho - What about YOU?

If we were on a coffee date, what would you share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment