Friday, February 1, 2019

This Week's Top 5

Happy Friday, Y'all

Image result for friday meme, i'm tired

My Top 5 Favorites from this week in my classroom are

~ one ~

One of my guys lost his notebook earlier in the week. We searched everywhere for it. We searched all through the classroom, all around campus, and he searched at home. We couldn't find it anywhere. I sent out a plea to the staff at school, asking if anyone has seen it and had all sorts of emails coming back to me, saying they were praying. This morning, we moved a cabinet away from the wall and guess what we found... Yep, we found the notebook. So we took it as a "teachable moment" and prayed, thanking Jesus for helping us.








~ two ~

A lack of internet one day (well, actually for a week - and it's still out - ugh!) prevented us from filling out the Google Docs Study Guide I'd created for one of my groups to help them study for their upcoming Science test. So I busted out the index cards and sharpies and I taught my crew how to make their own study cards. They weren't necessarily thrilled with it. But it did the job, so... ;)



~ three ~ 

I mentioned this in my What's Up Wednesday post earlier in the week. But it's worth a repeat, considering it was a definite favorite or Top 5 item for my students. A friend/ co-worker has quite the bug collection. So when he offered to show some to my class while in town this week, leading our elementary school's SEW services, I quickly said yes. And y'all... My boys absolutely loved it! You can see it on their faces in the picture below. I loved seeing their enthusiasm!



~ four ~ 

Every now and then we use games as educational tools, reinforcing whatever topic we've been studying. And sometimes we just need a brain break and a game is often an excellent choice for that. My crew absolutely LOVES games! They know that unless it's a part of a lesson, it must be earned. So they will often work much harder knowing the chance of a game is on the horizon. And a favorite of mine is seeing how well my crew plays/works together. I love it!



~ five ~ 

Normally, hand sanitizer wouldn't make my Top 5 and Favorites lists. But considering, my classroom has been overrun with germs thanks to lingering colds and stomach bugs and sneezing and sniffling and who knows what else, I was desperate for some hand sanitizer. But my absent-minded self couldn't seem to remember to actually buy some when I was at the store. So, a co-worker came to the rescue :)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their names to and join in on the fun.





And I'm also joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their 5 on Friday linkup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment